AVIC411.com

Pandora link software and music sphere pc app

Anyone know anyone at pioneer that can get a release date for these features on the x920bt so you can actually use them?

Right now pandora link doesn't work period, just hear the audio. And the sphere part just says to run an app you download on your pc from pioneer website.

NIce eh.

3. start up pandora on ipod, which is already a huge mistype since ipod won't run pandora without wifi, and i doubt you will have that driving in your car.

Wait! Your in Canada? That may be your problem right there. Pandora works just fine over 3G in the US but my understanding is it is not even suppose to work in Canada at all. I am now wondering if this is a Canadian issue with your unit. Otherwise, you should have Pandora working over 3G without problem. This whole thing with Pandora link with these units would have been stupid if Pandora was limited to wifi only as this is a mobile environment.

Justed posted on Facebook by Pioneer Electronics North America:

Pioneer Electronics (North America) wants to give a heads up to those who have already purchased the new AVIC-X920BT: The PC version of Musicsphere and PandoraLink iPhone app will be available on our website very soon. Thank you for your support and patience.

• 3 weeks later...

Waiting.... Holding breath.... TURNING BLUE!!! I really hope they don't wait for iPhone OS 4.0/Z120BT to release the apps. The coolest stuff about this radio is the stuff that doesn't function yet. It kills me that we got to see/play/touch both Pandora and Musicsphere at CES, but nothing now that the X920's have hit the ground running. I don't care - I'd take a beta version until the real deal comes out... Also, FYI - don't plan on plugging in any non powered IP-Bus items and expect them to work (CD-RB10/RB20 etc.). These new units have an EXT1 and EXT2 available for 2 IP-Bus based add ons (besides HD tuner and SAT radio tuners which have actual source names built in to their protocol), but if it doesn't have the 12V/ground 3 pin connector on the device it won't find it. My XDV-P9 works like a charm though on it!

Here's hoping that the MusicSphere and Pandoralink app will maigcally become available when the Pioneer roadshow opens Wednesday... Not counting on it though. I have to deal with noisy pico fuse RCA's in the meantime anyway (nice - everything was fully hooked up correctly with battery disconnected. Not sure what's up there...

• 2 weeks later...
Justed posted on Facebook by Pioneer Electronics North America:

Pioneer Electronics (North America) wants to give a heads up to those who have already purchased the new AVIC-X920BT: The PC version of Musicsphere and PandoraLink iPhone app will be available on our website very soon. Thank you for your support and patience.

Soon means not less then 6 weeks. WTF seriously.