AVIC411.com

Pandora link software and music sphere pc app

Anyone able to get the Music Sphere to work on their X920bt? It's working on my PC and syncs the playlists to my iphone but the X920bt comes back that I need software installed. I'm wondering if a firmware update is needed to run this software. I'm running firmware 2.0.

For a $1,000+ list price system I actually was kind of hoping Pioneer wouldn't have their heads up their rears on this one yeah, I mean, it's Pioneer so I knew they would, but I still expect more for my money.

Especially given how hard they are pushing these features and all the press they are getting on them. To be at this point and still not have MusicSphere working or the iPhone app even released (I don't care if it's waiting on Apple, they should have had that thing submitted months ago, I mean they demo'd it in January) kind of tees me off.

I have MusicSphere working fine in ITunes and in the car on the 920, BUT I'm using my ITouch and not my IPhone for the Musicsphere playlists.

When I do plug my IPhone in I do get the same message that its looking for something to be installed, but I just cancel out of that if I want to use the IPhone for audio playback. I think its looking for the PandoraLink app or something else on the IPhone that I can't figure out, but I'll try adding the playlists to my IPhone and see if that works. So far I like the MS app. The instructions on its use aren't so great..

Yeah musicsphere is working for me, iphone 3gs.

There is that message though asking to take you to the store for an app download. Not sure what its looking for but its not musicsphere.

Musicsphere is kinda cool, the trick was knowing how to populate the list in itunes/musicsphere, when the app is opened, and its done analzying your songs, you have to go to the particular play list, in the upper left corner of the music sphere app there is a "refresh" arrows going in circles icon. Click that and the songs will populate in musicsphere list your on. These lists will appear in itunes under the musicsphere folder. Now you have to make sure they are selected to be copied into your iphone/ipod. I think the x920 is looking for a play list with a particular name.

• 4 weeks later...

Guys

I need some help please.

I am sharing all my songs from my original desktop PC (win7) to my laptop(win7). I can see/play them all in iTunes on my laptop. On my laptop, I also have MusicSphere installed.

When I run Musicsphere, it took about 24hrs to index 4000+ songs, I did click to the left corner of the music sphere app, above each of the 40 lists, to do the 'refresh'. But I only get 42 songs in the all these playlists.....WTF?

I am sharing all my songs from my desktop PC to the laptop where I am doing this. Do all my songs need to be local for MusicSphere to work? Anyone knows?

All my music has Tags (MP3 Id tags) on them.

I even tried to copy these playlists that contains the 42 songs with iTunes to my iPod(g5) and connect that to the X920BT, but all I just see is the empty, round sphere, no playlists, no music.

Any ideas or things I might have missed?

Thanks

Bert

What do you mean by "sharing" from your desktop to your laptop.

hey

By this I mean the mp3's are not locally on my laptop's hard drive. It's all on my desktop and I share the directory over my network. I imported it all (directly from the network drive,) into iTunes.

As far as I know, that should not matter, because iTunes anyway populates its database (somewhere under My documents or My Music folder) with all the songs, right? but I could be wrong and need to know if I need to have all my songs locally on my hard drive of the laptop, where I have iTunes running.

Thanks for responding

Bert

OK

I copied all my MP3's to my local drive on my laptop and import it all to iTunes. Out of the 6000+, it indexed about 3700 into MusicSphere. When I go down into each category of the playlists(inside itunes on the leftside), I can see different songs, in all the musicsphere playlists. I copied these playlists to the iPod.

On my way into the office this morning, I connected my iPod to the 920. When I select musicsphere on the screen, it still comes back saying "you need to build the musicsphere playlists on your pc...blah, blah, blah"

This is so frustrating. What am I doing wrong?

Got it.!!!!

The secret - iTunes needs to be in control of your ipod. It does NOT populate the playlists correctly if you have the ipod setings set to be "manually managed". I removed the tick from 'manual manage' and it worked.

Thanks for this great forum