AVIC411.com

Want to add a front camera any ideas

I would like to add a front camera and tie it in to the rear camera so that when I pull up to park my SRT-10 I can see the bumper before it bumps the curb. I was thinking I could use a momentary switch and that way it would only have power when I held the switch in. Any other time the Z3 could controll the rear camera as usual. Will this work or do any of you have a better idea?

Any ideas are welcome..

Excessv

• 1 month later...

I put a front camera on my Ford Lightning.. good to see another sport truck enthusiastist here.. anyway, I had it on a switch that would allow me to use it for parking or I could just turn it on going down the road.. however, the head unit only had one input and I didnt have it for reverse, although it turned on when you put the truck in reverse.. it was a great way to stop hitting things with the lower front bumper..

Dana

• 2 weeks later...

Update..

Works like a charm, I used 2 1 amp diods to direct the flow of source power to the Avic rear input. I mounted a momentary switch under the steering colum, this allows me to tap the switch while parking to see the curb or to see other things infront of me. The rear is 100% normal in every way nothing changed there at all.

Here are some pictures:

Front Camera

3037e0c2.jpg

Rear Camera

43c5695d.jpg

Hidden Switch

2390401a.jpg

Dash after fiberglass and paint :)

89a076f0.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
are u wanting to add a 2nd camera using the reverse camera video input or the AV input?

the reverse camera input, I think.. actually, I had a front camera that came on when the truck was in reverse and it also was on a switch... I want both a front and rear camera.. I just need to know how to wire it in. I think the reverse would be best as I only use the cameras when parking.

Thanks

Dana

How is a front cam going to useful when you have the truck in reverse gear? Or can u see the camera by calling it up on the Zx? Not familiar with that deck.

It wont.. but I plan on having a camera in front and in the rear..

Dana