AVIC411.com

HELP running testmode on x910bt - Not working at all

Hi! I cannot get testmode to work using an 8GB SD card on the AVIC-X910BT. I tried formatting the SD card, extracting onto the SD card, made sure both folders were in root directory. When I pop the SD card in, the pioneer just boots normally.

There is one file that appears on the SD card's root directory after I take the card out from the unit that I did not transfer onto it. The file is called device.nng.

Anyone know what could be the problem? I do have the newest firmware on this. Your help is appreciated! Thank you.

First of all there is no X110BT. And you need to do a search on this forum in the future before starting a thread. That question has long been answered many times.

Sorry, didn't mean to come off that way. I meant the X910BT. I searched all over the forum for hours and read every single thread on testmode. It seems like i'm doing everything correctly.. this is a 8GB SD card, extracted both folders onto card. Put card in unit and turned ignition on. There is no copying of files... and no X anywhere. I even used WinRAR to extract files.

Do you know what the problem may be?

Which version of testmode are you using and which software version is on the unit right now? Also you might want to try a different SD card and that the card is formatted as FAT32 and not as NTFS.

I am running the version of testmode that is posted in the "FAQ: Hacks & Modification :: READ BEFORE POSTING!" sticky thread. This is the exact link to the file: download/file.php?id=4529

The firmware on the unit is: 3.020100

I formatted the SD card FAT32 multiple times, and still it won't boot. What's weird is it places a new file onto the SD card when I put it into the unit called "device.nng" The only files I put on the SD card are the two folders in the compressed testmode.zip.

The SD card works because I put music on it and it shows up fine on the unit. When I format it FAT32 and use testmode it just doesn't work....

I'm going crazy trying to find a solution... I'm going to try a different 1GB SD card tonight and see if that works... I appreciate your help, any other ideas?

I'm having the same problem. Searched tirelessly and have been unsuccessful. Have you found a solution?

I haven't tried the new testmode that VBLUE42 linked to yet. Here is the link to the thread: viewtopic.php?f=64&t=27989

Here is the link to directly download the new testmode: http://www.gpssoftware.us/avic/30/testmode.zip

I haven't tried it yet, but I'm hoping to try it tonight. I'll be sure to post up my results. If you get to it before me, post your results. Thanks!

I have 3.0

All I do is download the 2.3 Testmode and it'll extract to only 1 Testmode folder.

Then put in the root of SDHC card (mine is kingstone 4gb sdhc),

and boot my HU with it, then it works.

If you used the "read before post" Testmode, it'll extract 2 folders

1. Testmode

2. MULT...something

It wont' work.