AVIC411.com

Will the IPAD work with the Z110BT?

I've got an iPad and as soon as I get a chance to test it I will. It has the same dock connector that the iPhone and iPod share, so it ought to work. I'm not sure though that I'd keep an iPad in my glovebox 24/7, I'd rather use it for surfing the web and stuff (I'm on it now). At the moment I keep an old iPhone 3G hooked up, it's deactivated so it's basically a large iPod touch.

I just tested my iPad WiFi 16GB with my AVIC Z110BT and it does NOT work. The AVIC gives an authorization failure message and the iPad says that the accessory cannot work with the iPad.

VBLUE42 is correct that the iPad is not very practical, its huge size takes up a lot of space in my glove box.

I hope that doesn't mean the iPhone 4 is going to cause the same problem. FYI for anyone that is interested, iPhone 4 gets announced tomorrow.

I hope it isn't as well... Breaking every damn IPod Touch/IPhone and not allow people to downgrade would surely tick some people off... Sure, you can run most of the IPhone/IPod apps on it... But you will have to replace all your accessories to work with the IPad...

I know I was pretty peeved when they decided to change their charging method from the 1st gen IPhone to the 3G... And absolutely no mention of it, at the time.....

And what gives with this stupid "this accessory is not made to work with iphone"? Is this just another example of Apple's lack to word things correctly?

Or are they trying to say that "this IPhone was not specifically designed, to work with this certain accessory"

Seeing as how this thread is somewhat Apple-oriented I wanted to take the chance to mention OS X 411, a sister site to AVIC411. I recently relaunched OS X 411 with a forum and it's in its early stages. If any of you all are Apple fans check it out and spread the word.

As for an iPhone OS update breaking accessories, I highly doubt Apple would do that. There is a large industry around making accessories for iPod and iPhone, the iPod out being a core function for radios, navis, etc. My feeling is Apple doesn't want the iPad being used in such a way.

OS4.0 works great with the Z110BT. Per my thread on it, it fixes the pixelated artwork issue, the long vr times and general inconsistency there and adds full iTunes control while also allowing control from the head unit. This is going to be a great iphone os update.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm gonna assume that it will still work fine when streaming via BT?

I also wonder if the Z120 firmware will fix IPad compatibility.....

I think it would be a great addition for longer trips.... My truck console has a pretty nifty laptop storage in the console that it should fit nicely in(probably rig up some rubber foam to make a snug fit)...

DSC00135.jpg

DSC00136.jpg