AVIC411.com

X920BT New (very happy!) owner....Day/Night map mode?

Hey! This is my first post here as I have been "trolling" ever since I got and installed my avic-x920bt last week. SO please pardon any naive questions :)

In a nutshell, I LOOOOVE the unit. I previously had an older DEH-P9800BT but was very unsatisfied with the bluetooth performance (horrendous echo that rendered it literally useless) and the speed at which it read my ipod (scrolling took forever).

I decided to take one more shot on a Pioneer thinking that the technology had come a long way since then, and to my pleasure, it absolutely has. But I am not sure about one thing though. I found the option to switch the map from day colors into night colors. But when I use that option, it's all the same. It displays Day colors. I tried changing the settings menu to "Day" and "Automatic" but nothing seemed to work. It all looks the same.

Would anyone know how can I get the map to be able to toggle back and forth from day/night? I'd really appreciate it because I had to make a 3 and a half hr trip from Pennsylvania Sunday for Easter with Day Mode on and it was killing my eyes lol. oh well, at least i had the yankee game on xm......hopefully no ones a boston fan here :)

thanks in advance for helping out a newbie! :)