AVIC411.com

(PROBLEM FIXED)XM (GEX-P10XMT) keeps shutting off with my D2

I installed my D2 into my chevy pickup, all went well until I installed my P10XMT XM receiver (nav traffic). The initial XM was not recognized by my receiver - after continually hitting reset it did recognize it and all was well. Until i turned my truck off. When I started my truck again, it wouldn't recognize it again. I tried resetting both the D2 and the P10XMT and nothing would help. I contacted Pioneer and they recommend I replace the XM module (Crutchfield; the D2 is from Etronics). Crutchfield sent me out a new P10XMT and I installed it this afternoon. The D2 instantly recognized it and all was good other than it would not let me program my Sports ticker, but it did my stock ticker. So after coming in my house and browsing this website (AWESOME INFO here!) to see if anyone else had the same issue, I went back out to my truck and once again, the P10XMT is not being picked up by the D2 at all. I went through the resets on both, and still nothing! Any ideas, or exchange the D2 for another one. Yes all cables are connected between the two units, and black is to black and blue is to blue........ :cry:

The search button is your friend. For some reason the Sports info no longer works on this unit, nor on many of XM's portable or handheld units. You can call XM and they will blame Pioneer, and vice versa, but the Sports ticker no longer works on the Pioneer Inno AND Samsung Helix portables either (both confirmed by me personally). Sorry bud :-(

Just a follow-up. Last night I went out and worked on the problem some more. I took my ohm meter out and sure enough it was a bad IP bus cable. I went and put in a new IP Bus cable and it works perfect. The place I got my cable from told me they have had 3 - 4 of them that were bad.......just an fyi if anyone else has the same issue. Thanks for all your input!