AVIC411.com

x710bt BYPASS QUESTION

The unit will function exactly as the manufacturer intended it to. Some features are not available when you're not parked... like finding an address with the nav system, etc. Since there's no DVD player on a 710, that's not an issue, though I believe it will play some video formats (haven't tried yet). Those probably won't work unless parked, either. It's all in that fine operation manual, should you care to slog through it all.

There are a lot of people who will just plain go off on people asking about bypassing the unit's reluctance to enable all features while moving. While I personally have zero interest in having video playing on the screen while I'm driving -- and it's illegal as hell to boot -- I don't understand why some nav features are disabled. I don't punch in addresses while I'm driving, but my passenger certainly can. My Garmin, and all other nav systems that I have seen that are not in-dash, will very happily let you do anythign you want while moving. It seems that all in-dash systems want to cripple themselves. My wife's new Fusion is the same way, though it will at least let you do stuff while stopped and not actually parked. So, I did the bypass modification on mine, and if I could find a way for the Fusion (not involving adding a switch somewhere) I'd do it to my wife's car as well.