AVIC411.com

GPS Antenna Location

That should be fine as long as you are absolutely sure there is no metal inside the dash above where the antenna is to be placed, not just straight up, but on a 45 degree angle on all sides, to ensure it can receive the signals.

cool...where do you have yours located? i'd like to keep mine stealth so that people won't know if i have a navigation system or not...

Mine is located above my air conditioning vent, very close to the upper dash plastic. If you have a newer car, it might be worth looking around online to see if there is a default installation location for GPS antennas. I did this and found a dealer manual for installing GPS head units for the European version of my car, so I knew that this was the optimal location.

If you can't find a manual, it's up to your judgement. Just be sure to test it before you close up the dash. You should be able find a enough room for the antenna somewhere under the dash and still be able to pull a signal, in most cars at least.

I installed mine (GPS Antenna) under center speaker plastic cap in Kia Rondo( My Model does not have center speaker). Check my posting about Kia Rondo install. You may be able find similar spot in your car too. In my install Microphone is mounted over top of the rear view mirror, and will be only visible it looked carefully.