AVIC411.com

Is the iPod interface *really* this awful?

So, I've got my u310bt all installed with the XM module, PAC SWI-PS steering control interface, hands-free talking to the iPhone... it all works fine... but the iPod-through-USB user interface is just horrific.

First off, is there a prescribed way to pause the iPod when it's playing? I've found that I can press the "Ctrl" software button and that seems to stop it (or at least mute it), but I can't imagine that that is the way they intended. Isn't there an actual "Pause/Play" somewhere?

Second, how do I easily scroll through the list of artists or albums. I've got several hundred artists on my iPod and, when I press the "List" hardware button and select "Artists", it makes me scroll from the top... and scroll... and scroll...

Now, when searching through my telephone contacts, there's a little button at the bottom that lets me quickly cycle through the alphabet to the B's, the C's, the D's, etc. Isn't there something like that for selecting artists? I've tried pushing and holding the "down" part of the dial, or spinning the dial fast.... nothing seems to fast-advance through the list.

Help!

• 2 weeks later...
hello-

i dont think there is a pause/play button but as far as faster scrolling on an ipod you just need to click list then artists then list again and you can scroll through the alphabet. hope this helps.

I didn't know about that. I guess I should have fiddled around more. Thanks for the tip!

No problem I just got mine and at first I thought the same thing but just after a few days of playing around with it I've figured out a lot of cool things so i'm loving it now!

Another tip as far as the pause/play feature. There is a way to pause it but you need to go to the function menu to do it so here's what i do and it works great!

If you need to pause your music just hold the source button for 2 seconds and it turns the audio off and pauses your ipod or cd. then just tap source again to start your music again. Simple!