AVIC411.com

***UPDATES FOR THE MUCH NEEDED Z110BT? ANYTIME SOON?***

I have the latest iPod and I have to say, I'm sort of surprised how odd the interface is compared to the D3.

Don't get me wrong, getting to an album/track/artist is everything I'd hoped it would be, and, the fact that the navi now can show/keep the song title up is great . . .

Oddness:

Bluetooth calls no longer pause the iPod (laaaaame -- that was the single best feature of the D3 . . . and I laugh at my wife's system for only muting the stereo!!!) -- I couldn't find a feature to invoke this; anything?

Cable - I tried a basic sync cable and couldn't get it to output sound unless I patched in a 1/8" from the headphone port --- this caused preamp issues so I had to disconnect, turn the volume way up, then reconnect the iPod.

Beyond that, the voice commands seem sort of primitive for what I've used so far (not even as good as my old V710 was).

So where's the thread that indicates what features MAY get added with this update, besides new maps?

-Ernie

Oddness:

Bluetooth calls no longer pause the iPod (laaaaame -- that was the single best feature of the D3 . . . and I laugh at my wife's system for only muting the stereo!!!) -- I couldn't find a feature to invoke this; anything?

iPod pause is not supported on this unit during BT calls or VR so there is no way to turn it on.

Cable - I tried a basic sync cable and couldn't get it to output sound unless I patched in a 1/8" from the headphone port --- this caused preamp issues so I had to disconnect, turn the volume way up, then reconnect the iPod.

As stated in the manual, the pioneer site and this forum many times, you must have the proper iPod cable if you want full iPod support.

So where's the thread that indicates what features MAY get added with this update, besides new maps?

-Ernie

The added features will be the same as that of the X920BT. The manuals for the 920 and the Z120BT are on this forum.

"iPod pause is not supported on this unit during BT calls or VR so there is no way to turn it on."

--I see that, it'd be nice to get it back though ;)

"As stated in the manual, the pioneer site and this forum many times, you must have the proper iPod cable if you want full iPod support."

--I have one on order; when I was looking around on the product sites, lots of users say that the cable was unnecessary and that anything will work . . . that was clearly wrong after I fired it up yesterday afternoon.

---------------------------

So the first part of this thread was mostly wishful thinking then. The Z120BT manual was what made me to finally decide to pull the trigger on the z110BT; it'd be worth complaining about the little quirks on the system if I actually paid $1500, but at $900 (with everything I had to pick up with the unit), it's all passable. :lol:

----- Not to be a twit (but I will be anyhow) there's lots and lots of "this forum many times" questions, but the search isn't all that intuitive. For that reason we're ALL grateful of your patience with us :mrgreen: I'll see if I can send other queries through google for better luck (Hopefully robots.txt isn't disabled here).

-Ernie

No problems with my iPod 160GB Classics as well (6th and 7th gens).

Yeah, it turns out that it's my iPod, not the Z110BT. It's a 5.5 gen 30gb iPod that either is too old to work properly, or has a dirty/bad connector. I tried a new Nano today, and it worked prefectly.

whoa just reading this thread. So if your listening to music on your ipod (i have to 1st gen touch) and you receive a BT call it will continue to play music? Seems a bit counter-intuitive, so how do people get around this? Do you just use the ipod and turn it off manually?

Unfortunately, you just have to live with it. I, personally, don't use the Bluetooth for calls too often and when I do they are short calls. Sometimes I do just hit back track once or twice to replay what was missed when I was on the call. You can have it play through at a lower volume if you like too while on your call. Unfortunately, that could interfere with the call quality and I have not tried it personally.

Unfortunately, you just have to live with it. I, personally, don't use the Bluetooth for calls too often and when I do they are short calls. Sometimes I do just hit back track once or twice to replay what was missed when I was on the call. You can have it play through at a lower volume if you like too while on your call. Unfortunately, that could interfere with the call quality and I have not tried it personally.

OH I see now, it mutes the ipod so you can talk but the music is still playing. I was under the impression that the music was not muted and you had to deal with it still playing through the speakers during the call.

Thanks again that is certainly something i could live with now

We at Cartunes just ordered 10 of the CNSD-110FM SD card software and mapping updates.$200.00 WOW! But I'm hoping Pioneer will have the Pandora link available from the app. store and the patch for I-tunes by the time we get the updates. Later today my rep will call me with the eta.

We at Cartunes just ordered 10 of the CNSD-110FM SD card software and mapping updates.$200.00 WOW! But I'm hoping Pioneer will have the Pandora link available from the app. store and the patch for I-tunes by the time we get the updates. Later today my rep will call me with the eta.

I know this is off a european version of the site, but it matches the model number of what you ordered and show 07/10. Im probably completely wrong about thsi though

http://www.pioneer.eu/files/chi/Preisliste_CAR.pdf

This is so weird...I installed my 110 about 4 months ago and never had any issues discussed in this thread..the voice recognition works perfect for me..my ipod picks up where i left off when i turn the car off along with the video..i have msn direct on my unit and it tells me when there is traffic ahead plus it suggests new routes..wonder why it does not work the same for everyone..uhmmmmmm