AVIC411.com

illumination wire

Hmmmm. I connected a wire from the Orange/White wire labeled for the illumination to a gray wire connected to the rear wiper harness and that did nothing. I think I got something wrong here...lol. I need to know where is the correct place/wire to connect/jump the Orange-White wire in my 03 Trailblazer so the screen automatically dims at night. I thought I was gonna get blinded last night driving.

Thanks all for the help.

BTW... Pioneer contacted me again and said that the mic needs to be plugged into the jack that is labeled "Mic"... no kidding. I thought that was funny. I never would of thought of that...........

BTW... Pioneer contacted me again and said that the mic needs to be plugged into the jack that is labeled "Mic"... no kidding. I thought that was funny. I never would of thought of that...........

Yeah but you'd be surprised at how many people we get around here that plug it in somewhere else.

onnect the orange/white wire on the z110bt to the orange/white wire on the harness that you are using going into the vehicle. If for some reason you dont have an orange/white on the harness then you will need to find a brown wire in the drivers kick panel. this is your + parking light wire. if you cannect to this it will dim the z110bt anytime the lights are on. USE A DMM TO VERIFY ANY WIRE BEFORE CONNECTING TO IT!!!!!!!! If you do not know what a DMM is or dont have one....please see a pro installer so you do not damage your vehicle.

ok Thanks. Yeah, I don't know what a "DMM" is. I do have it hooked to a brown wire under the dash, but I think its the wrong one(obviously). I will however continue to look. I am determined to get this thing to dim.

"Digital Multimeter"... basically what I asked you about in the other thread you are posting in.

This is motivating me to connect my ILL wire. Perhaps I'll do that this weekend...

A digital multimeter is a device used to measure voltage and other things inside of a vehicle. You can "probe" different wires and see what they do before connecting anything to them. Randomly connecting wiring in a car is the worse thing you can possibly do. Especially in newer vehicles that use alot of data wiring. I understand that you want to do this correctly as anyone should. My best advice to you however is leave it up to a professional. If you do not know what a DMM is there i should be safe to assume that you have no idea how one works or what you need to be looking for. Save yourself a ton of hassle and possible damage to you car and find a reputable installer. I am a professional installer and to simply connect the illumination wire my shop(and id assume most others) would only charge about $20 bucks to connect that wire for you. Thats cheaper than a DMM to buy yourself.

Does your car/truck radio control lights dim when you turn your lights on. If it does then you should have an illumination wire as an input to you factory OEM radio/HU.

If you are using a after market harness to connect your Z110BT to your factory wiring then all you have to do is color match and connect.

www.scosche.com

I hope this info helps