AVIC411.com

Can't activate bluetooth

I had the unit installed, connected my BlackBerry to it and worked fine. I left on a road trip some days later and the blue tooth connection was becoming erratic. Now I am not able to connect at all anymore, when I go into the phone menu and try to activate the blue tooth fonction, it starts and ends like if it has been enable but the status stay to disable and I am not even able to open the connections menu...

Please help!

• 2 weeks later...

When you go in your Phone settings screen and go all the way down.

You will se bleutooth update software.

When you push that there should be a SW-100 v 3.30 notification(that is the standard Bleutooth software for this system.

if it says no software available the software has gone corrupted.

Than it is posible to download the Bleutooth software from the Pioneer support page and load it back in.

Please note You do need the 3.30 version otherwise your Blackberry will not work .

Please follow the instructions posted .

Greatings Angrymom

Pioneer Benelux

Service operator

Sounds easy but did not find anywhere to download this on the pioneer web-site...Could you give me a link please?

Updates Page: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... 10BT?tab=F

Instructions: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/ephox ... 1.0003.pdf

Update File: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/ephox ... 1.0003.zip

Maybe it goes without saying, but read and follow the instructions carefully when updating so as not to brick your unit. You'll need a blank SD card.

• 4 weeks later...

I have this same problem and I tried to re-update with the 1.0003. Two different SD card both reformatted with FAT32 and the unit will not recognize or allow me to re-install the firmware. I had updated to the latest firmware before I used the unit, so I know one of the SD cards for sure works. The bluetooth worked fine for a week, then I didn't drive the car for a while. Sometime in there the software got lost. I tried searching on the Pioneer website for the bluetooth only update with no luck. Norm_11 did you have any luck? I guess it is time to test the Pioneer help desk.

I was able to speak with someone from Pioneer that was knowledgeable about the bluetooth issue. He recommended two things to try: pushing the reset button on the nav face and if that didn't work unplugging the power for a few minutes. The reset worked for me, so now the bluetooth is operational. I guess I should have thought of that before.

A couple of interesting things I learned from Pioneer:

*there is not any bluetooth software upgrade despite the fact the unit seems to think that it could be.

*the software version often does not display even though software is installed and working fine

*you cannot reload the same version of firmware you already have on the unit. This is why I could not seem to get the SD cards to read.

*if your bluetooth ever stops working and the resets do not work, you will have to send the unit in for service. Nothing else to do at a user level.

Hope this helps someone.

Ben