AVIC411.com

X920BT interesting behavior, have U seen this?

I just installed the new x920bt. BTW, if anyone has any questions about installation into a cadillac eldorado, feel free to ask. I was navigating from the store to my home. It was giving me the turn by turn correctly. I was approaching my last left turn, maybe a few hundred feet away. Then after the left is a right turn, maybe another 300 feet, then my house. As I approached the upcoming left turn, I decided to go straight, as I missed the left turn, the unit said you have reached your destination. Kind of strange to me. My factory Acura navi seemed to be more accurate. Am I missing a configuration somewhere? thanks.

It sounds like it may have just been a slight lag in adjusting your location. It assumes you are following the planned route until the GPS tells it otherwise. when you passed that left turn and continued straight another 300ft it likely thought you had turned left and then continued on 300ft to your house. if your destination hadnt been so close it probably would have realized you didnt turn and recalculated the route.

it shouldnt be a regular occurrence. normally it shouldnt take but a moment to recognize the true location of your vehicle but if it does this more frequently you may want to relocate your GPS antenna to make sure its getting as clear a signal as possible.

Go to the "Navi Settings" and then go to the "3D calibration status". Your unit probably still is in the learning mode. It will get more accurate as you drive a few hundred miles. BTW, did you hook up the speed pulse? If not, you might have problems in tunnels and parking garages or downtown areas with tall buildings.

The manual states that (as with most modern Nav systems) it does take a few hundred miles of driving for the unit to fully calibrate, so if this happened on the way home from the install I wouldn't worry.

Also seconding making sure the speed pulse was hooked up as the more I research these units the more I find they do make a big difference in maintaining your precise location. Everytime you lose the sat signal, even for a few moments - and it can happen more often than you think - that helps in maintaining your current position.