AVIC411.com

Official 2010 Road Show Q&A

Can you ask them: When will they support fonts other then "alphabetical characters"?

and comment to them:

Apple's ipod can display any language years ago, when will they see that it is an important feature to have?

Side comment - I'm more interested in Asian fonts, like Chinese, Japanese, and Korean fonts.

Thanks

Hi, How about: Where the hech is the Music Sphere, and Pandoralink software for the X920BT?? :D

I have a x920 that I like, but I wish I was able to actually utilize all the features it supposedly has and that I paid for.

Also would like to know if they plan on a Firmware upgrade/Map Updates for the x920bt that would allow you to see cross streets at all times, and how about the 3D landmarks for the 920?

Thanks!!

Oh, where to start?... First, I will reiterate what was stated above. Where the heck are the musicsphere and pandora functionality? Why would they release a new unit that has these two features as main features and then the buyer can't even use them? A big piss off I'm sure even if it doesn't affect me really - have a Z110BT. Next up, how about some better functionality/useability from the nav part of the unit. They really appear to have worked on the av end of it which I think is the best there is. They have a ways to go on the nav end tho. Maps are decent at best and could definitely use an update. The POI database is kinda crappy (at least for me). I am in Canada and that could have a bearing on that. Proximity alert feature is one thing I would really like added. The usual complaint (even if I don't know if I would use it much personally) of being able to plot a destination while you are on a route. While we're at it, how about what is going to happen when MSN Direct packs it in in a little over a year? What will be the replacement? One thing I was thinking would be cool on the 3D screen would be for the system to access the weather and make the 'sky' of the nav follow suit. ie. if it is raining and overcast not have a sunny sky lol. More POI icons that can be overlayed on the unit. Both - more selection to choose from (brand icons) and the ability to post more than the very limiting 10 (I think). AVic Feeds could really use some updates as well. You should be able to load in your POIs like you can and be able to actually plot a route to one of them! IMO the way it is setup right now is kinda pointless. It is obviously just for show but it would be nice if it had that functionality too. In addition to the nav now.... I have been screaming for this from the day I bought my new car - why can't we have an RDS tuner!?!? iTunes tagging would be cool too. Supposedly the new AVH units have that although I don't see how it can work the way Pioneer is trying to do it as every demo I have seen has no info in the song and artist category displays. NEWS FLASH PIONEER - radio stations do not use that function of RDS to get their info out.... Most stations put that info into the radio text subcategory (take a look at any Kenwood unit -one of the few things I like about Kenwood as of now). Some stations even put it into their PS station name (those are the ones that show on my Z110BT - I have only one station in my area :( ) While we are at it, how about a full function 5.1 Dolby setup included like the flagship Kenwood's have had for a number of years? I think that's about it right now. I know this sounds like I have a hate on for Pioneer - I honestly do not. Far from it. I just think they could be so much better with only a few of these many things i have listed here. I really think their sales would increase too. Improving the nav immensely could put Kenwood out of business...

Of course a couple more just popped in my head lol When is the Z120BT update for the Z110BT going to be available? What exactly will it actually have in it? ie. will it make it EXACTLY like the Z120BT as everyone seems to think. Another one that really ticks me off that I have seen others complain about too. Let's have the damned ipod pause when you are on vc or even better (longer time) on a call... Nothing worse than rocking out to a nice song and then you get a call that lasts five mins and your song is over when the call is done and you have to hit previous song to get it back or really start searching if it was one of those long calls. 8) Ok, that's it for sure this time. Hope you can get us some answers on at least some of these things. Thanks for offering to do that too.

Yet another one, what are they planning for traffic updates after MSN Direct is done in a little over a year. Will it be any good in Canada unlike MSN Direct is too?... How about Total Traffic HD Plus like the new to be released JVC product coming soon? That one sounds awesome if it works and it's free to use!! It would be really cool if you could answers to even half of these questions. Really appreciate you trying.

Yet another one, what are they planning for traffic updates after MSN Direct is done in a little over a year.
From what I heard, an iPhone app may be in the distant future to provide free traffic.

Oh, boy, I sure hope so. That would be killer and be the deciding factor on me getting an iPhone. Even the possibility of that would likely be enough as I have just been looking for a reason if ya know what I mean. :roll: