AVIC411.com

VSS and reverse sensor wire location 2006 Tundra DC

I have recently installed a new DS2 in my 2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab. I thought I would find the VSS and Reverse wires behind the existing stock radio, but no luck, maybe becuse it is the SR5 model instead of the limited. I would like to add my liscience plate camera to it.

I am afraid to cut into the dash cluster, with out some assurance that I have the correct wies. As best as I can find from the wiring diargrams the Reverse wire is behind the cluster controller(dash) at pin 5 of D connector with a color of red with a black stripe. The VSS wire is on the same connector pin 3 and it is green with a orange stripe. Could some one give me some advise or confirmation.

Thanks,Wynford

You will find your reverse wire in the driver's kick panel, red with a black stripe. VSS is green with an orange stripe at pin 5 on the 28-pin plug at the ECM, located behind the glovebox. You may be able to find them behind the cluster, but I cannot verify that the are there. I have only used the afore-mentioned wires.

Thanks for the location Jimmy303. I pulled the glove box, but am having no luck finding the ECM or correct connector. Lots of wires there but couldn't isolate the correct bundle. I am sorry I am such an amatuer but I haven't every tried to locate the ECM before. What does it look like. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,Wynford

Thanks, for the information, Jimmy303, I think I found the ECM, it was laying on its side with 5 plugs going it to it. The plug that was 4th from the left had a green wire with orange stripe. I tapped in to it, how do I know if it is the right one, everything looks like it works. Is there a screen or test to verify It was the right one? Thanks, again, By the way, the camera works great, and kicks in every time I go in reverse as it should.

Wynford

You are right once again jimmy303. I fine the correct screen and it is working. It counting up as I drive my truck. You are the MAN jimmy303, thanks again for your help. The install is done and all works, XMradio, XMtraffic, DVD player, backup camera, cd player, and navigation unit. Man i love this toy :)