AVIC411.com

HI all,

Just got my new Z110BT for my camaro and I'm installing it today. I dabble in hacking and was wondering if the addon external unit connection have a published communication protocol. I'm interested in building some little obd devices that would let me show vehicle dynamics on the screen. I can do this using the AV input but it would be even better if I could use the AVIC touch screen to control the device. Anyone have any input on this?

thanks

-John

• 1 month later...

Hey John,

A while back I got pretty serious in trying to do something like this and the best thing we could come up with is making a seperate DAQ or SCADA system that outputted a standard video feed in to the AVIC's video in. Down sides are no interface with the touchscreen (you need a mouse), and no integration with the AVIC system (no mix of info and media also the alarms for sensors would only be useful while on the dashboard screen). If you really want this stuff the only option I know of is to ditch the AVIC and basically build your own NAVI (carputer). If you find something better please let us know.