AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z1 installation in a 06 Civic LX

Hi,

Has anyone here installed the z1 into an 06 civic? I have an LX with the standard factory radio ( non-navi). I have all the parts( dash kit, wire harness etc.) I was just wondering if there was anything that i need to look out for that would make the installation smoother. I am going to start my install on friday. Any help or tips would be appreciated.

The VSS is blue in the plug on the back of the radio, reverse is brown in the driver's kick panel. Outside of that, the rest is pretty much straightforward.

Thank you for your answer. Just one more question just to make sure I understand. The vss wire is the same as the speed sense wire right? I think that's the last question I have. Seems like I will be able to get this done this weekend.

Thanks!!

Yeah I think i've read that before...somewhere! I've been doing a lot of reading on the installation. I'm starting to feel comfortable giving it a shot. I'm kinda puzzled though, I went to an installer and I was told that it's very hard to get to the speed sense wire, so installation would be around $250 for that reason.....

hmm.

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately I was not able to get the AVIC Z1. This weekend I will be installing a JLw7-12 and a kicker zr 1000.1 mono block amp. then i will try again to get an AVIC-Z1. There was a miscommunication with the person that I was buying it from, and he ended up selling it to someone else.

As far as pic's go, I was just browsing the 8thgen civic forums looking for tips to do my install, when i ran across this. http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9226

Someone there posted pics of there Z1 install.

Hope that helps!!