AVIC411.com

TV tuner on a x910bt??

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The standard digital box will work when your standing still, but will be a disaster when moving, because of the way the new DTV signals are set.

There is a special format they created for mibile devices which you will need to watch while moving.

You need to find a tuner that is compatible with ATSC M/H.

my $.02

Paul

• 5 weeks later...

As far as I know, TV signals were not meant to be received in a moving vehicle whether analog or digital. The only other option would be to put a satellite dish on your car to watch TV while driving.

I have a PERFORMANCE TEKNIQUE ICBM-DGT Digital TV Tuner and it gets great reception while staying still, but once you start moving it gets choppy and cuts out at higher speeds.

The atsc m/h tuners definitly work while moving. and they work pretty well.

what I DID find out, accidentally, is that TV stations need to specifically boradcast in M/H so it turns out in Chicago, I can only get 2 channels. I guess 2 is better than 1 and I'm assuming eventually more stations will have it.

There's a website that lists what channels broadcast in ATSC M/H. I don't remember what it is, but a quick google search shoudl find it.

And there's a number of ATSC M/H receivers on ebay.

Yea, I found that list too, but I can't locate it now. Only NBC is broadcasting in Dallas currently.

I'll probably get the Boyo VT-MH unit (available from Crutchfield and elsewhere online), but I'm gonna wait until at least a couple more channels are broadcasting. This is the same format being used for mobile devices like smartphones & laptops with no TV tuner, so I'm sure more and more stations will jump onboard. I hear more than 20 markets should be up and running by the end of 2011.

• 11 months later...