AVIC411.com

Seems as though the Z110 has given some people issues when using it for phone calls via Blue Tooth. I was wondering what you guys riding around with the X920 thought about the phone call quality so far. Any complaints? Any rave reviews? I'm a little curious if the software update coming to the Z110 might help this issue out a little. Any comments are appreciated.

I just installed the X920BT and have paired it with my Sprint HTC pro. Most call features seem to work well. Sound quality in the car is very good. However, people complain that they have a hard time hearing me which suggests that either the mic sucks or Pioneer needs to tweak the software a bit...

I first tried my iPhone 3G and I had horrible echo - it was unusable. My second phone is a Blackberry and it works soso. No echo, but people say they barely hear me even though my microphone is right at the rearview mirror, about 12" from my head. I hope Pioneer can fix this with a software upgrade. If there was an aftermarket microphone then I would like to try it even though it's a pain to take out the head unit on my mustang since most of the center console has to be removed to gain access to the mounting screws.

Bottom line is that I am quite disappointed at the Hands free ability of what could be considered a almost top of the line head unit.

hmmm... from the Z110bt posts it seems like the Iphone is one of the better sounding phones when used hands free. Well assuming you 2 are the norm and not the exception then it seems as though there is no hope of a Z110bt --> Z120bt software upgrade solving this issue. I would imagine that it is, but can someone post a picture of the mic that comes with the X920, make sure it's the same one that comes with the Z110.