AVIC411.com

Z120BT Info, Specs and DEMO VIDEO

Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT Navigation and Entertainment System

DEMO VIDEO:

PandoraLink for Pioneer App

• Enable users to access and control Pandora Internet Radio directly on the screen

• Detailed track information and album art

• Can rate “thumbs up” or “thumbs down” onscreen

• Bookmark a song or artist, skip the currently playing track, change stations and select Quickmix playback

MusicSphere

• Pioneer proprietary technology to create mood-based playlists

• iTunes plug-in software

• MusicSphere analyzes the user’s entire music library and creates 40 specialized playlists based on various musical attributes of the songs, such as feeling (bright, energetic, gloomy, relaxing calm), rhythm pattern, Beats Per Minute (BPM) and year of the song and/or date added to the device

• Users can create a “DJ Playlist” for non-stop mix of the selected music types with the ability to blend between songs using transition effects

ECO Driving

• Provides driving status reports as well as the driver’s impact on the environment with visual graphics onscreen

• Estimate fuel cost of trips

• Provides vehicle’s CO2 emissions through detailed Drive Reports

• Enables users to log and archive driving data and analyze driving habits to generate various reports with suggestions to improve fuel efficiency

• The ECO Graph visually represents the user’s environmental impact, illustrated in 2D, 3D and divided map views

• When a route is set the system will calculate a Drive Score based on driving efficiency which factors abrupt stops, accelerations and idle time

Advanced User Interface

• 3D animation utilized in the navigation maps

• Intuitive touch slide control capabilities

• Expanded display of album art

• Dual-speed scroll for ABC and List Searches

• Customizable home menu allows users to drag and drop up to 15 function icons into the home page

Additional Features

• Motorized high-resolution 7-inch WVGA touch screen display

• 3D graphics accelerator

• Onscreen iPod®/iPhone® control

• Built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and wireless music streaming

• USB connectivity

• SD card slot located behind the motorized front panel

• High quality CD/DVD audio/video playback

• Back-up camera input

• SIRIUS XM Satellite and HD Radio ready

• Tele Atlas® map database covers the entire United States, Canada, Alaska and Hawaii

• 12 million points of interest (POIs)

• Enhanced voice recognition (capability to input destination addresses by voice)

Dual zone entertainment - enables rear passengers to enjoy DVD video and audio on a separate rear display and headphones, while front passengers listen to AM/FM or XM or Sirius Satellite Radio sources

• Supertuner™ IIID

Radio Data System (RDS)

• Dual A/V inputs

• 7-Band Graphic EQ

4-Volts Preamp Outputs (X3)

• 30,000 Customizable Illumination colors

Some more info on the Pandora capabilities:

There will be a "Pandora Link" app that you will have to put on your iPhone in addition to the actual Pandora app.

This link app sort of acts as a "plug in" for the Pandora App, allowing two way communication through the iPhone dock connector.

The app has been submitted to Apple, it's just waiting to be approved for the App Store.

You say the Z120BT is going to have RDS. Is this FULL RDS functionality? ie. will it be able to display radio text or just station name like the Z110BT? Is this also going to be a part of the Z120BT map update for the Z110BT? I can't wait to check out that video on the Z120BT later on. I am stoked now. lol It will be interesting to see if it turns on any quicker than the 110 does not that it is slow at all really. I guess I am just an impatient kind of guy. :lol:

From the demo video, the radio sceen looks exactly the same from an information point. ie. no true RDS. Is there a button to activate more info? The 3d graphics are awesome on that unit. I really do hope that there will indeed be an update for the 110 into a 120 like was mentioned on this site a thousand times and at the end of that video. I am really thinking more all the time about XM Radio too. Really liking the looks of that unit thus far.

I really do hope that there will indeed be an update for the 110 into a 120 like was mentioned on this site a thousand times and at the end of that video. I am really thinking more all the time about XM Radio too. Really liking the looks of that unit thus far.

I can't wait for the update either, it looks awesome. I noticed though that there was really no mention of the nav features, which I would like to see refreshed as well. That smooth scrolling could be used everywhere, contacts, POI searches, etc.

From the demo video, the radio sceen looks exactly the same from an information point. ie. no true RDS. Is there a button to activate more info? The 3d graphics are awesome on that unit. I really do hope that there will indeed be an update for the 110 into a 120 like was mentioned on this site a thousand times and at the end of that video. I am really thinking more all the time about XM Radio too. Really liking the looks of that unit thus far.

Come on James. :D He did everything but confirm for sure on this. He even hinted at price. Its going to happen. You heard how he did say there are no hardware changes right? I new this months ago as I told everybody here. Its going to happen, just be patient.

I feel it will. I believe you and everyone else I have heard it from. I just want to make sure it has everything tho. There is alot to upgrade there it seems. He did indicate possible price tho as you said and it was a little on the steep side even if it still would be a great deal. I will be a most definite adopter there. I can't wait! :D

I bought the X920BT I wanted to know the difference between the Navigation of the new Z120BT & the X920BT. Because if there is not a difference in the Navigation then its almost identical to the X920BT with a bigger touch screen and higher resolution. Hope to get some answers thanx