AVIC411.com

Z120BT Info, Specs and DEMO VIDEO

The x920bt on fm displays radio station name, and currently playing song information, it alternates through each one. I noticed most radio stations support it, but some do not. I would like to think the x120bt would support it in the same way if it is the same software just bigger screen etc.

I take it this forum is going to be even more dead. Given the quality of the new generation and no ability to mod the units. Sort of makes people lose the motivation to hang out. Unless of course they are having issues or need help installing.

I remember when the f series came out, you could surf the forum all day finding new rants and information, ah those were the days.

Congrats to pioneer, sounds like they really took all the shortfalls and issues and learned a few things from the previous units.

Now if we can just get the pandora link app, i've been waiting since the end of march :(

OK, so I have the Z110BT. When I upgrade to 120 software, there will be no differences right? Why would pioneer do this ? Wouldn't people just continue to buy the Z110BT and then upgrade the software since there are NO hardware differences? I LOVE the changes to thew Z120BT software and can't wait for the pandora radio!

OK, so I have the Z110BT. When I upgrade to 120 software, there will be no differences right? Why would pioneer do this ? Wouldn't people just continue to buy the Z110BT and then upgrade the software since there are NO hardware differences? I LOVE the changes to thew Z120BT software and can't wait for the pandora radio!

Historically, this is how Pioneer does it. The D1/D2 were identical except for software, same with the Z1,Z2, and Z3.

Would you buy a piece of hardware if you ALSO had to buy a $120 update so you could use it? People would be PISSED.

Pioneer does it because they update the software once a year (like clockwork) and so they also update the model numbers of their units when this happens. To increase value for prior customers, they extend the convenience of allowing us to update our older units if we choose to do so.

Yea but if you do enough research, you can get a Z110BT + 120 software update for cheaper then buying a new Z120 was my main point.. now I can't wait until they let us have a web browser on the UI tethered from the iphone.. might as well since Pandora's already there!

• 3 months later...