AVIC411.com

New Z120BT vs. Z110BT

Seriously this is an A+ upgrade even without the Navi being upgraded... This is so much better than anything I've ever seen in an in-dash head unit. I'm so glad I went with the z110BT instead of the newest Alpine... When I first saw the vids my first reaction was OMG I wonder if the scrolling actions will work well with an upgraded z110BT and now that I find out there will be no hardware differences I'm so excited that theoretically my unit will perform just as well as what I've seen in the vids with the new software. WELL DONE Pioneer! This is just amazing work and finally some innovation in the in-dash head unit arena.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well in my opinion, although the interface is much improved, the current AV interface works just fine. They should have dedicated that R&D more to bringing the navi to current standards and completely left the useless eco interface out of this unit altogether.

Well in my opinion, although the interface is much improved, the current AV interface works just fine. They should have dedicated that R&D more to bringing the navi to current standards and completely left the useless eco interface out of this unit altogether.

Agreed...But after watching your vids on the Kenwood... My first thinking is that the Kenwood(while awesome) is just too convoluted.... looks very un-organized/ugly layout.... too much going on on the main screens....

If I was always sitting still and had the time and/or patience, I'd be all over the Kenwood stuff.... But from a "moving" stand point... their UI is more of a distraction from the road... they do have some cool offerings.... But IMO...it's more "eye-candy" then it is actually safe, and easy to use while in motion... It also seems to lag fairly heavy....

But I agree...unless the unit is tapped into my vehicles' ECU...the Eco BS is useless... of course...IMO only...

I agree 100% with everything you just stated in that last post. Here is my hope as to what Pioneer is planning with this Z110BT chain. Year one, release the unit without any major issues. I think success there pretty much compared to what was available on the market then. Year two, upgrade the av section into a very user friendly and safe to use unit and make it an upgrade for the previous model. Year 3 (this is my hope anyway) Pioneer focuses their attention on the shortcomings of the navi on this unit. Once again making it into another upgrade for the 2 preceding year's models. If they do indeed do this, this thing will be by far the best unit on the market IMO. It is just wishful thinking at the moment but Pioneer did this on their last Z series. Mind you the upgrades were not near as large as what is already coming this year. I sure hope I am right. It would be awesome to have that new interface and a nav section that is first rate to go along with it. It is the only thing lacking right now IMO.

I'm sorry if I am missing something here, but I am still wondering when the Z120BT will be released? I am in the market to buy a new system now and don't want to buy the Z110BT, only to have the next greatest thing come out a week later. I understand that I could buy an upgrade to the Z110BT, but I might as well just get the Z1290BT, right?

Thanks Guys

At several hundred dollars more for a 120 then you will spend for a 110 with the 120 upgrade. Its up to you but you will save quite a bit of money by getting a 110 now. They are the same unit so there is nothing in the form of the next greatest thing coming out.

I can't even find the Z120 on sale anywhere, so I don't have any idea how much it costs? Is it even on sale yet? So, you are suggesting getting the 110 now and then purchasing the upgrade? Do you know when the upgrade is coming out? When I said "next greatest thing", I meant the newest version. It sounds like the 120 software is much better than the 110, correct? Sorry to bog you down with questions, but I want to get the best and this forum provides great info.

Thanks for the quick reply.

go buy a z110bt at 800 to 900 bucks now and then wait for the release of the updated software update..the z110 is all the same hardware..i will bet vblues sanity(if it still remains after this thread) that the 120 will be well over 1500 when released(i havent looked for any pricing just lazy and guessing based on the 110 old pricing)...you will save big bucks

Update will be done by using SD card...3 seperate updates to complete fully

Does the update come with 3 SD cards? Or are you saying that it takes 3 "boots" to finish the update?

Also, can you confirm that the part number is CNSD-110FM?

Update will be done by using SD card...3 seperate updates to complete fully

Does the update come with 3 SD cards? Or are you saying that it takes 3 "boots" to finish the update?

Also, can you confirm that the part number is CNSD-110FM?

The procedure I seen each update had to be on the root of the SD card and just used a computer to copy it to one card each time...only 1 of the updates required a reboot, 3 seperate cards would make it easier. The total size is 4gb

I am not sure of the real part#