AVIC411.com

New Z120BT vs. Z110BT

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is where I ordered mine...back on 5/7... still on backorder, of course... :(

http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/par ... CNSD-110FM

The only difference I could see from the tech specs of both manuals, was that there may no longer be the 16GB limit of SD card(maybe USB) on the Z120BT as there was no mention of the limit, like in the Z110BT specs... Otherwise, all hardware appeared identical...

Crutchfield now has the AVIC-Z120 BT available for pre-order on their site.

I called them to find out an approximate date for availablity and the rep told me from everything Pioneer has been telling them, it will arrive on the 4th of June.

The price listed for pre-order is $1399.99.

Not a whole lot of information listed and it's pretty much everything we already know from the excellent work by VBlue, but here are the details they have:

General features:

navigation receiver with internal amp (14 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)

built-in navigation capability with map coverage of Canada and the entire U.S., plus over 12 million points-of-interest

voice control of navigation address and POI searches

7" motorized touchscreen

fits double-DIN dash openings

voice control of iPod audio and Bluetooth

works with Pioneer's free Pandora app for iPhone

Audio/video features:

plays MP3/WMA/AAC files recorded on DVD or CD discs, USB, and SD cards

plays WMV (Windows Media Video) on USB/SD

24-bit digital-to-analog audio converter

high- and low-pass filters

7-band graphic equalizer with 6 preset EQ curves

3-level bass boost

Expandability:

built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling

compatible with satellite radio and Pioneer HD Radio tuner

inputs: rear USB input, SD card slot, rear A/V input, rear-view camera input

outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer), A/V output

Other information:

compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)

CEA-2006 compliant

warranty: 1 year

This is where I ordered mine...back on 5/7... still on backorder, of course... :(

The only difference I could see from the tech specs of both manuals, was that there may no longer be the 16GB limit of SD card(maybe USB) on the Z120BT as there was no mention of the limit, like in the Z110BT specs... Otherwise, all hardware appeared identical...

The 16GB limit is not hardware based.

The 16GB limit is not hardware based.

Thanks Captain Obvious.... Just noting that IT was the ONLY difference when comparing the tech specs in the manual...

Just had my new z120 installed last Friday and took it on a test trip over the weekend.

This unit is AMAZING! I had the original Z1 in another truck for years but this blows it out of the water. The touch screen interface is incredibly slick and I was glad to see that sliding feature wasn't used excessively when it wasn't needed. Also, the 3D UI is gorgeous... have been getting alot of exclamations from people riding shotgun over the weekend as this unit truly is unlike anything else out there. The iPod control itself is instant and cover art loads just as fast. The only lag is, for me anyhow...about 3-5 minutes to create an optional VR catalog.

The initial bootup is super fast and for all those Pioneer Nav haters, I have to say this guy did pretty damn well over the weekend in downtown Los Angeles. I also love watching .MV4 movies off my SD card! No longer have to restrain the movie res for my stupid iPod's screen or take up it's limited storage. Also, playing those stored ipod movies and video podcasts through the link is pretty with the new UI and 3D transitions.

My only gripe is that this still has MSN Direct on it vs. NavTraffic? I got the Z1 the day it became available and that was one of the first things I added to it as well. So accustomed to having it over the years that it's hard for me to think of such a high end, and much newer unit not having any assisted data in less than a years time?? Pioneer, should at least throw in the (soon to be extinct) $100 tuner for free so we can enjoy for rest of the year yeah?

I never did the upgrades to the Z1 so I can't speak on how this compares to older units with them, sorry.