AVIC411.com

Parking Break Troubles, Futile

Hey all,

Before VBLUE drops a canned response ( :lol: ) I've been over the instructions for a Z11BT bypass about a hundred times, and had a look through every thread that had anything to do with the bypass and/or parking break messages and/or grounding the parking break wire.

Now, I followed the directions as close as I possibly could, but I'm still getting the message about the parking break being improperly connected, and following that, the bypass isn't work as video will shut off over 10mph. Here's the various things I have tried:

- Pulled the mute wire again to check the orientation of the connector. Re-inserted mute wire (into the position as outlined by the instructions, one position over) and asserted that it was in as far as possible for a good connection.

- Twisted the mute wire with the parking break wire.

- Used electrical connectors to tie it with the parking break wire. (as an alternative to twisting them together, thinking the connectors had a bad connection)

- Connected parking break/mute common wire to chassis.

- Connected parking break/mute common wire to black ground wire on harness.

- Used a metal electrical connector to ground.

- Used bear wire to chassis to test ground.

It doesn't seem to matter what I do, when the car turns on, I get the message about the parking break. I'm open to any suggestions. If anyone has any pictures of their bypass, wire and all, that would probably be of help as well.

Well the canned response just happens to be the response that will address your problem. Regardless of what you have tried, you still have a problem with the mute wire. Somewhere along the line it is not making proper contact. Maybe you should try another wire altogether. If that doesn't work, I would return the unit as defective. Just don't tell them that is the defect.

"I'm returning this unit because the hack you don't support won't work" Love it.

I read about the opening of the connector on the mute wire being distorted by the removal process. That's the one thing I hadn't investigated (which just occurred to me). Later on today I'm going to pull it again and look at the opening on the connector (where the pin from the head unit makes contact - for those reading and lost) to see if it's misshapen. If it is, I'll try squeezing it slightly with some needle nose pliers. Perhaps that will do something miraculous.