AVIC411.com

Howdy folks. This site has been a big help to me getting an X920bt installed in a toyota tacoma '05. I am almost there--messed up the speed control tap, and am relocating xm and hd radios. But for me, a total first timer on mobile installs, I couldn't have done it without y'all. So thanks. So far, so good...including bypass and sat antenna under the dash, still w/ good reception, and backup cam.

in return for the favors of all your info, perhaps, I noticed this morning that Pioneer's UK site has a download link up for Musicsphere:

http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/page/produc ... /home.html

I dl'd it and the app opens, but I don't have Itunes installed (long story) so not sure yet whether this works. I wonder if anyone else has tried it? ok...back to finishing that install.

• 2 weeks later...

Have people in the U.S. been having much luck getting this to work? Does it only work with iPhone or will it work with recent model iPods as well? I set it up on my music library PC and it started scanning my library but it only got about 1/3 of the way through before the program failed. Even at that, I have about 120GB of music in the library and it took a full 24 hours to make it as far as it did. I'm not dying to use the app actually so it's no big deal if it's buggy or I can't get it to work but I was kind of hoping to see it work at least once.

Rob

You don't have to let it analyze your entire library to make playlists. You can make your own manually and take your Iphone our Itouch/pod out to the car to see it load up and work in the MS app. Eventually I went back and let the app do my entire library. It took awhile for sure, but it did work. The auto playlists it created are pretty cool too. So yes It is working. It's pretty cool so far.

Finally got a chance to use this today. It's not very intuitive at first - I didn't realize that after taking an hour to analyze my library I then had to hit refresh to actually fill the playlists (maybe it's supposed to and this is a bug) but once I started using it it made more sense.

I am not a fan at all of what it does to my playlists - basically it adds a ton of different playlists that all start with MSphere a01, b03, etc, then the name ("Feeling Bright", "gloomy", etc). In itunes this is ok because it groups all those playlists in to their own folder where you don't have to look at them all.

On the iPhone/iPod/iTouch itself, and the AVIC too, it's a different story. On the device, you get a big long list of all 20 or so of these, all starting with the same name which is too long to see the differences between, and mixed with your other, real playlists. Not a fan of this approach although I get why they did it this way. Really clutters things up though, even on the AVIC itself (when viewing your regular playlist list).

On the AVIC Musicsphere works exactly how you've seen it in the demo's. It's pretty neat, although I'm really not sure what makes it different from Genius playlists, as the concept is the same. It did manage to mix a lot of my songs in ways that worked good, that I would not have expected, so points to it there. A couple odd choices here and there (it stuck a hard-charging Pixies song in the middle of the "calm" playlist - quite a jarring transition :) ) but overall not bad.

If there's a way to collapse playlists on the iPhone/AVIC so I don't have to see all 20+ MusicSphere playlists please let me know, other than that it's pretty cool.