AVIC411.com

FX3.1 Complete Firmware Image

Hello everyone. This is an open message to those of you PMing me over the years with questions. I am pleased as punch that this is still used years later. I do need to say though, that I don't have any means of supporting FX3.1, so there isn't a reason to message me we with questions. I no longer own an AVIC or even a car. I do like receiving the thank yous though :) How is the status on the torrent? Does it need a reseed? If so I would be more than happy to include the newest maps. :P (09/05/2011)

Okay so what I've done is simple, I took what I considered to be the basic mods that would be appealing to almost everyone, without drastically changing the look and feel of the system.

This download contains:

Windows CE firmware

X Series 3.0201 update

Complete TA 2009.6 Map Upgrade (USA & Canada)

No nag screens

POI Branding

Speed camera/red light mod

Software speed bypass

Download: <!-- m -->http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5546342<!-- m -->

You need only a single SD card, at least 2gb in size. Copy the entire contents of the RAR file to the root of SD card.

1. Insert SD card into AVIC and turn it on.

2. When the pioneer logo comes up, press and hold the menu, map, eject and the reset buttons at the same time. When your screen goes completely blank, let go of the reset button but continue to hold menu, map, and eject buttons. This will bring you to a blue screen, telling you to reset the unit (ignore this), you will have to enter the service combination. Press the volume knob in this sequence and you will see * signs for each push: Up, Up, Down, Menu, Left, Right.

3. Select Wince Upgrade

4. Select Update SD Format

5. Wait until it says restart in the bottom center. Reset the unit and leave the SD card in.

6. You should be greeted with testmode (It will look very similar to normal windows). Open Explorer and copy the contents of the "My Flash Drive" Folder from the SD card to the "My Flash Drive" that is located on the unit. Overwrite everything. (It will the copying will take 140min but will only take about 20)

7. Press and hold reset for 5 seconds.

8. Select your language and voice options.

9. Enjoy FX3.1 :)

Tested on AVIC-f90bt. 05/08/10

FAQ:

How do I extract this rar thing?

<!-- m -->http://www.rarlabs.com/download.htm<!-- m -->

In test mode it says there isn't enough space to copy the files, how come?

This means you didn't select the SD format option in step 4, select everything on the "flash disk" and delete it, then copy your new files over

How do I know if my download completed properly?

The reason I stored everything in the RAR is because Winrar checks to make sure the download is perfect, if it didn't download properly, you would receive an error when extracting.

My unit just keeps booting to test mode?

Take your SD card out and then reset.

Why did my unit take so long to start the first 2 times?

That is normal, all the software is adapting to your AVIC

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the latest and greatest. You will not see a 4.0 upgrade to the F series as it is discontinued and has reached it's end of life for Pioneer.   You will love the 3.1 upgrade.

Posted Images

My desktop is currently having an issue staying on. It randomly reboots, which requires me to manually start uTorrent, if the seed disappears just wait and it'll eventually come back online. As of now it should be seeding. 8)

Thanks guys. Hopefuly this will turn on a new wave of modders by being so easy to install. This was also meant to be like an unofficial service pack to quickly help those of us who have failed avic experiments and require a quick method to get it back to our liking. :)

I tried to open the file but it says "Unknown" or damaged file.

How do open it? I use WinRar.

Thanks

Jimbo

I kept trying to download it and still same thing. Is there a special way to open the file or different program to open this?

It only downloaded 17.7K

Jimbo

I tried to open the file but it says "Unknown" or damaged file.

How do open it? I use WinRar.

Thanks

Jimbo

I kept trying to download it and still same thing. Is there a special way to open the file or different program to open this?

It only downloaded 17.7K

Jimbo

I think you need to learn how to use torrent.

My desktop went down again. Restarting in 10min.