AVIC411.com

FX3.1 Complete Firmware Image

MAN!!!!! this is absolutely awesome. Worked no problem for me... I just got my AVIC-F90BT from a buddy of mine and I've never liked how slow these AVIC units are. MAN!!!! its so much faster now and everything works great. The only thing i noticed is when I exit the Service Info screen it takes me to the phone menu instead of back to the settings menu. Oh well.... Thanks again!!! I'll be seeding this!

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the latest and greatest. You will not see a 4.0 upgrade to the F series as it is discontinued and has reached it's end of life for Pioneer.   You will love the 3.1 upgrade.

Posted Images

The only thing i noticed is when I exit the Service Info screen it takes me to the phone menu instead of back to the settings menu. Oh well.... Thanks again!!! I'll be seeding this!

This is cause by the left-over of the navi nag message hacked. There are also some other unexpected return places somewhere else but nothing major, you will be used to it. :mrgreen:

I would first like to give a THANK YOU to Retell...good job man. i am getting one little annoying problem. maybe someone can help me out. as soon as i finished "updating" the unit(after i finished copying the files over) and after i pressed the reset button for 5 seconds, a message popped up saying "caution: screen image may appear reversed." and stays there, after about 30 seconds, if i put a cd in, the cd starts spinning and my bluetooth works, but the screen message still stays there. it has something to do with a backup camera...the only problem is, i do not have one, nor did i hook up the wire for it. i have tried resetting the unit by pressing the reset button, nothing, pressing the reset + eject, nothing. i have no idea what it to do. any suggestions??

ps...right after i updated, i also took my sd card out. also, if i turn the unit on WITH the sd card, it gives me this message, then after 30 seconds, it seems like the unit restarts, and enters windows ce.

any suggestions???????

This upgrade is terrific. I have it now on my F90TB. I do have an issue that I could use some help with and that is, when I increase the volume, the unit scrolls through all of my Sirius stations. One click of the volume sent the station changing well over 200 times before I turned the unit off and restarted it.

Any ideas of what can be done to resolve this and also some advice on enabling the branded POI on the map? I have checked just about every option and cannot find anything that displays the branding icons.

Any ideas of what can be done to resolve this and also some advice on enabling the branded POI on the map? I have checked just about every option and cannot find anything that displays the branding icons.

Did you make a search before asking? Thera are lot of talks in this forum regarding Branding.zip.

This will answer pretty much what you are asking for: http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=18428

Did you make a search before asking? Thera are lot of talks in this forum regarding Branding.zip.

This will answer pretty much what you are asking for: http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=18428

I thought I did search well enough but as you can tell by the ease of finding the information, I did not do a good enough job...

I have downloaded the fix on SD card and followed the steps but when I get to step 4. select update SD format it gives me 4 choices 1 is update wince sd/mmc (format) when I press that it tells me cant find winceimc.cks file. What am I doing wrong? This is all new to me any help appreciated.

2fup and sgambino . Reformat your SD card as Fat32 filesystem and recopy the files the card and restart update process from the begining. That should fix everything :D

kj42598 I don't have a Sirius Tuner or any external tuner for that matter, for now all I can suggest to you is to reformat your SD and try it again like the 2 fellas above. Just to completely rule out an install error. I should have a sirius tuner soon that I can play with, If the 2nd time around install doesn't help just go back to regular 3.0 for now, do you have a copy?

godskitchen I believe someone will be putting this on rapidshare soon, if it doesn't go up in a few days I will personally upload it. :mrgreen:

2fup and sgambino . Reformat your SD card as Fat32 filesystem and recopy the files the card and restart update process from the begining. That should fix everything :D

kj42598 I don't have a Sirius Tuner or any external tuner for that matter, for now all I can suggest to you is to reformat your SD and try it again like the 2 fellas above. Just to completely rule out an install error. I should have a sirius tuner soon that I can play with, If the 2nd time around install doesn't help just go back to regular 3.0 for now, do you have a copy?

godskitchen I believe someone will be putting this on rapidshare soon, if it doesn't go up in a few days I will personally upload it. :mrgreen:

Retell, i appreciate the help. i just tried your suggestion and that screen still appears. but this time i left the sd card in after i reset it for 5 seconds, and it seems like the pioneer logo comes up, then that screen come up, then it resets automatically with the pioneer logo, then goes into windows ce. is that supposed to happen? am i supposed to take the sd card out? im stuck now, i have read that it may have something to do with the polarity, so worst case scenio, i will take out the unit and mess around with the unattached wire.

Retell, i appreciate the help. i just tried your suggestion and that screen still appears. but this time i left the sd card in after i reset it for 5 seconds, and it seems like the pioneer logo comes up, then that screen come up, then it resets automatically with the pioneer logo, then goes into windows ce. is that supposed to happen? am i supposed to take the sd card out? im stuck now, i have read that it may have something to do with the polarity, so worst case scenio, i will take out the unit and mess around with the unattached wire.

If you left the SD card in with the Testmode folder, then it is normal that it goes into the WinCE screen again. You have to remove the SD card with Testmode folder stored to let AVIC boot to the main screen.