AVIC411.com

FX3.1 Complete Firmware Image

yeah take out the sd card, hold the reset button for 5 seconds...

Then, when it finally boots, make sure you delete your existing user data (from the system info menu)

It's not working. When I restart, I go right back to the very beginning. Pioneer screen then black.

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the latest and greatest. You will not see a 4.0 upgrade to the F series as it is discontinued and has reached it's end of life for Pioneer.   You will love the 3.1 upgrade.

Posted Images

Then, when it finally boots, make sure you delete your existing user data (from the system info menu)

It's not working. When I restart, I go right back to the very beginning. Pioneer screen then black.

How are you copying it?

I had issues the first time I copied it when I used the other tool that's included with the CE rom image... but if you go to the start menu then programs then "Windows Explorer" and use that, it's safer....

Also, there's a tool in there somewhere to show storage space, make sure you have enough.. if you don't delete a map you don't need... (in my case I got rid of Canada and Hawaii :) )

1. How do I delete a map? I'll take out everything I don't need. I wonder if this is part of the problem?

2. When I copy, I go to Edit > Select All > Copy Then go to the disk and go to Edit > Paste Then it starts to copy everything. It takes approx: 25 min or so...then after it's all done. I take the disk out, and push the reset button with a pin for 5 seconds.

3. After the reset, the pioneer screen comes on, and then it all goes black. Nothing happens at all. Just as it did when I picked it up from the dealership.

I'm a very reciprocating person...so if anyone actually gets me through this, I will be more than happy to Pay up the favor. I am almost ready to go buy a new head unit, but I havn't had this one that long, and it was pretty expensive.

I deleted the map off of the SD card through my PC...I took off HA, Canada, Alaska etc..

Shaver, just wondering during which state of the following procedure that thing turns south?

Quoted:

You need only a single SD card, at least 2gb in size. Copy the entire extracted contents of the RAR file to the root of SD card.

1. Insert SD card into AVIC and turn it on.

2. When the pioneer logo comes up, press and hold the menu, map, eject and the reset buttons at the same time. When your screen goes completely blank, let go of the reset button but continue to hold menu, map, and eject buttons. This will bring you to a blue screen, telling you to reset the unit (ignore this), you will have to enter the service combination. Press the volume knob in this sequence and you will see * signs for each push: Up, Up, Down, Menu, Left, Right.

3. Select Wince Upgrade

4. Select Update SD Format

5. Wait until it says restart in the bottom center. Reset the unit and leave the SD card in.

6. You should be greeted with testmode (It will look very similar to normal windows). Open Explorer and copy the contents of the "My Flash Drive" Folder from the SD card to the "My Flash Drive" that is located on the unit. Overwrite everything. (It will the copying will take 140min but will only take about 20)

7. Press and hold reset for 5 seconds.

8. Select your language and voice options.

9. Enjoy FX3.1

At Number 7. I take the SD card out, and hold reset for 5 seconds. I just did another download of the torrent to SD card using WinRAR to extract to the card. I suppose I can give it one more shot. I can't help but to think that I'm doing something wrong, because everyone else seems to get it right. One thing, I never see where it's supposed to take 140 min. It always starts out around 55 minutes or so, then dwindles down rapidly.

I refuse to give up.

So here I am at it again...I don't know if it's going to work or not, but I see the minute counter now at 140 minutes...instead of only 55. This is a step in the right direction. One thing I did this time instead of "select all" is I only selected the FOLDER of my flash drive. So far I'm getting a different result. (Fingers crossed, and hammer put away) :twisted:

I have an issue with the Navigation screen now showing up correctly. Everything is there but map data. The compass thing that represents your car, the menu on the right side, everything except the actual map, it is just blank. Everything else seems to work though.

The only issue I can think of is when I was copying the files over instead of copying the contents of My Flash Drive from one folder to another I starting copying the contents of the whole SD card to My Flash Drive on the unit. I noticed after about 5 seconds and hit Cancel. I assumed Windows backed out any changes but I may be wrong.

EDIT: Someone else had the same problem and was able to fix it by "Re-installing the hacked ezrider file did the trick". Any ideas on how to do that or any other resolution?

You can contact me directly at nick76_Tx at yahoo.com.

The unit is a F700BT and I am in Houston,TX.

Thanks a bunch, Nick

I have an issue with the Navigation screen now showing up correctly. Everything is there but map data. The compass thing that represents your car, the menu on the right side, everything except the actual map, it is just blank. Everything else seems to work though.

The only issue I can think of is when I was copying the files over instead of copying the contents of My Flash Drive from one folder to another I starting copying the contents of the whole SD card to My Flash Drive on the unit. I noticed after about 5 seconds and hit Cancel. I assumed Windows backed out any changes but I may be wrong.

EDIT: Someone else had the same problem and was able to fix it by "Re-installing the hacked ezrider file did the trick". Any ideas on how to do that or any other resolution?

You can contact me directly at nick76_Tx at yahoo.com.

The unit is a F700BT and I am in Houston,TX.

Thanks a bunch, Nick

Just go through the process again from start to finish and your good to go. The upgrade of the firmware formats the disk