AVIC411.com

FX3.1 Complete Firmware Image

At Number 7. I take the SD card out, and hold reset for 5 seconds. I just did another download of the torrent to SD card using WinRAR to extract to the card. I suppose I can give it one more shot. I can't help but to think that I'm doing something wrong, because everyone else seems to get it right. One thing, I never see where it's supposed to take 140 min. It always starts out around 55 minutes or so, then dwindles down rapidly.

Make sure you are doing step 6 correctly! What did you do exactly for step 6?

Did you get an out-of-space message from Windows at the end?

Can you post the contents (folders list) inside "My Device->My Flash Disk" of the unit after copying?

Can you verify the space of the "My Flash Disk" on the SD versus on your AVIC?

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the latest and greatest. You will not see a 4.0 upgrade to the F series as it is discontinued and has reached it's end of life for Pioneer.   You will love the 3.1 upgrade.

Posted Images

I started over from the beginning and everything is working fine. The error I was getting when I was trying to redo it was totally 100% my fault. I am pretty sure the first problem I had was all mine too. Not sure what I did differently this time but it's all good now. Thanks to everyone that offered advice and took the time to reply.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for this Retell

Everything went great on an Avic-F700BT, upgraded from 2.008, responsiveness better all around, and new maps!

I am using my RCA outs for my subs, sorry. I looked on Pioneer's website and they want $66! That's ridiculous! But I guess that is why everyone is here instead of using Pioneer's "support."

http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/par ... um=CDP1091

One question to the community: what capacities of USB and SD have people tried? I want to get a 32GB SD or USB, but want to know what people have tried.

Thanks for the info Rex, I am going to add a lil faq to the first post, if anyone thinks anything should be added let me know. Rex could you please take a pick of your harness? I am going to attempt to add the wires for the video out. :twisted:

And thanks for all your help Chuck!

One question to the community: what capacities of USB and SD have people tried? I want to get a 32GB SD or USB, but want to know what people have tried.

In Pioneer's manual, it says that the MAX supported for both SD and USB key is 8 GB, but I already connected a 16 GB USB key and it mostly works, but with thing that I don't understand, like the folders order is erradic, if you scroll the folders forward or backward, you got different name etc.

Anyway, I recommend using only MAX 8GB because beyond that, the AVIC will take enormous time each time you insert the Flash, since it has to search through all your folders to build the media files tree, and believe me, the speed sucks for that matter and you will be irritated very much :!:

Worst of that, before the search if over, you can't hear anything or change anything in the unit, not even switching sources ... some time is up to 5 minutes of waiting :twisted: .

I have however noted that SD is faster then USB.

F900BT here. It all went through just fine except now some of my options don't seem to save at random. It also (While playing from an SD card) very occasionally will hang and then reboot.

(I was on a hacked previous 3.01 or whatever it was before) and I didn't get the WinCE upgrade part as the blue screen didn't show up. It went immediately into Windows CE where I did the deleted the original files and replaced them with this.

The heck? Anyone know what I was doing wrong?

Rex could you please take a pick of your harness? I am going to attempt to add the wires for the video out.

You have a F90BT right? I have a F700BT and Pioneer's website says that our RCA assemblies are different:

F7xxxx --> http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/par ... um=CDP1143

F9xxxx --> http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/par ... um=CDP1091

I don't know if it would help you much, but I still can take pics if you want them. :D

I was able to see the files on windows from my SD card exactly, so I know they were there. I reset probably 1 minute after the files were copied...was that too short of a time period?

I finally broke down and called Pioneer customer support, and learned that my unit is under warranty still. So it's on a plane somewhere today from Kansas City to Long Beach, CA. I think there is more wrong with that unit than I know, hence the reason this upgrade would not work. Perhaps I'll try this again once my unit comes back working correctly...or I may just leave it alone and be happy with a functioning unit.

Thanks for the help.

I just hope that Pioneer will not invalidate your warranty because you are trying to hack the unit, and that unknown files to them are stored in your "My Flash Disk".

Did you make a cleanup before sending in Testmode?

I just hope that Pioneer will not invalidate your warranty because you are trying to hack the unit, and that unknown files to them are stored in your "My Flash Disk".

Did you make a cleanup before sending in Testmode?

I thought about this after I sent it in...One of the problems I'm having is that it does not save the files.

2fup and sgambino . Reformat your SD card as Fat32 filesystem and recopy the files the card and restart update process from the begining. That should fix everything :D

kj42598 I don't have a Sirius Tuner or any external tuner for that matter, for now all I can suggest to you is to reformat your SD and try it again like the 2 fellas above. Just to completely rule out an install error. I should have a sirius tuner soon that I can play with, If the 2nd time around install doesn't help just go back to regular 3.0 for now, do you have a copy?

I re-installed and when just running v3 without all this great mods, it still scrolls channels when the volume control is turned.

Somewhere i read that this v3 is not the same as the one from Pioneer. Who wrote or modified this one?