AVIC411.com

FX3.1 Complete Firmware Image

According to Chuck88 running this update does not upgrade WinCE to the latest version (6). That would really be the only reason to run this update if you already had the 3.0201 (US) FW. I was pondering running this for the WinCe upgrade, but if there is no upgrade to WinCe, then no need to run it. That would be the next great project... figuring on how to upgrade to a better base OS. A windows 7 WinCe is in the works now. Anyone figure out how to upgrade to WinCe 6?

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the latest and greatest. You will not see a 4.0 upgrade to the F series as it is discontinued and has reached it's end of life for Pioneer.   You will love the 3.1 upgrade.

Posted Images

Ahh hi now i understand what you meant :)

but I iked this mod because it semed simple to install .. whereas finding the individual mods is confusing.

so you have recommended links that has just the mods ?

thankjs

Sorry Nicholas to miss your post ... There are many great mods on this forum, I personally preferred "Abb's Chrome Nav Mod" that was based on IDT's. You can go here to find out how to implement the mod and schemes and Chrome theme: http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=31509

Good lucks.

According to Chuck88 running this update does not upgrade WinCE to the latest version (6) - THIS IS TRUE. That would really be the only reason to run this update if you NOT already had the 3.0201 (US) FW. I was pondering running this for the WinCe upgrade, but if there is no upgrade to WinCe, then no need to run it. That would be the next great project... figuring on how to upgrade to a better base OS. A windows 7 WinCe is in the works now. Anyone figure out how to upgrade to WinCe 6?

See red editing above!!! :lol:

You DON'T need to run the WinCE OS update if your already have FW 3.0201 (US) or 3.0202 (Europe). In this case, all you have to do is to implement Nav. Mod found from this forum, such as this one: http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=31509.

With those latest FW, Pioneer provides only WinCE 5.0. And I am certain that nobody could provide you with WinCE 6, except Pioneer. And by the time when MS releases WinCE 7, your AVIC is pretty much reaching the end of life product status :mrgreen: , so just forget new FW from Pioneer with WinCE 7.

Thanks a thief I had to replace my F700 with a X710 and I was wondering if this software will work on a X710? I saw where it said the mods for the X was the same as the F but I just want to be sure.

I do have a back up camera, will that be an issue?

Will this make it so that the passenger can put in addresses etc while we are moving.

This is what I woke up to last Friday ....... :evil:

IMG_0262.jpg

Thanks a thief I had to replace my F700 with a X710 and I was wondering if this software will work on a X710? I saw where it said the mods for the X was the same as the F but I just want to be sure.

I do have a back up camera, will that be an issue?

Will this make it so that the passenger can put in addresses etc while we are moving.

This is what I woke up to last Friday ....... :evil:

answered my own question by searching again. not sure what I did wrong the first time but it would never pull back.

so it does work on an x710. This would be my first attempt at installing anything on my unit, any thing to be careful of or just follow the directions closely and all will be fine?

one last question before I start this. I have always backed things up before trying stuff like this. Is there a way to do that or do you just go get the stock firmware from pioneers site and use that if things go badly.

Can you brick one of these things?

I've been trying to install this on my f700bt, but when i get to the blue screen and select update sd format, i get an error message that says update failure or some such, anyone know what the problem is?

i've copied all the files to the sd card, and it's formated in fat32, unzipped with winrar. tried it many times with the same problem each time.

sdmmc update failure.

any suggestions??

Ok heres my issue Every time I press up up down menu left right... I go into the blue screen. then i click upgrade then SD "format" it goes to about 30% THEN THE RADIO SHUTS OFF... My question is WTF?

Do your speakers make a small "pop" noise when you're following the process to enter Service mode? If not, then the watchdog timer's still active and will reset the unit after a certain time passes without a signal from the Navi to reset the count. Search the Hacks/Mods forum for "Service Mode", "reset", "speaker" and "pop" and I think you'll come across the thread where this was discovered (sorry, I don't have it bookmarked). Also looks like the Wiki's "Complete 3.0 Install Guide" has the right combo in Step 4.

We leave for a long trip on Friday and would love to install this so we wont have to park to change gps etc.

I have map v 2.000400 and system version 3.020000.

[*]Is this an upgrade? Assuming so as it says 3.1

[*]Do I need to backup current system files if so, how

[*]Will the maps/system contain the features of the x710 such as showing the exits that are coming up etc? I didn't have this on old 700 and like it.

Thanks in advance for the info

Beward!! FX 3.1 is just a number that the author give it. This FW is still v3.0201, and not FW v3.1.

The general backup is to copy the whole \My Flash Disk\ to your SD card.

The Exit indication is a MAP provider matter, not a SW matter (iGo 8.0 supports this already).