AVIC411.com

FX3.1 Complete Firmware Image

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the latest and greatest. You will not see a 4.0 upgrade to the F series as it is discontinued and has reached it's end of life for Pioneer.   You will love the 3.1 upgrade.

Posted Images

What are the differences in this 3.1 and the other 3.0 firmware in the forum? I was thinking your 3.1 has some custom mods where the other is just base 3.0?

I just posted above that FW 3.1 has nothing to do with Pioneer's FW number. It contains FW 3.0201 (US), one nav mod and some hacks for the purpose of easing up the hacking process for newbies.

I understand that. I was more referencing the versions and differences between this 3.1(not fw version) and the other 3.0 install in this forum.

more just trying to make sure that when I install one it does what I am wanting it to. I really just need the blasted nag screens to go away, and for the passenger to be able to edit gps details in motion. other than that I am fine. I also do not want to downgrade any software that may be on there.

I understand that I dont understand all of the workings, but hope to get there regarding this head unit. Thanks again for all of the info.

So you don't have to go through all this FX3.1 update ...

0) Make a backup of your \My Flash Disk\*.* including folders to your backup SD card.

1) To remove the nav nag message, you have to replace basically 3 file in the \My Flash Disk\APL1 folder. Download this file "AVIC_F900 v322 nowarn.rar" here http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25108, unrar and replace in TestMode.

2) You will either need a SW fix or HW fix to enable passenger (OR YOU!!!) to play video or the GPS during driving. For the SW bypass, you still have to ground a wire I think, read here: http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=17715&hilit=software+bypass. For HW bypass, there is a picture guide here: http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=17013.

3) For any other business, just search my friend!

Good lucks.

2) You will either need a SW fix or HW fix to enable passenger (OR YOU!!!) to play video or the GPS during driving. For the SW bypass, you still have to ground a wire I think, read here: http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=17715&hilit=software+bypass. For HW bypass, there is a picture guide here: http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=17013.

Good lucks.

Correct, the SW bypass still requires the parking brake wire to be grounded..

Good lucks.

Correct, the SW bypass still requires the parking brake wire to be grounded..

I am getting an error saying not enough space. How do I kill the process, just cut the truck off? Any recommendations on how to get around the space issue?

I am getting the error when trying to copy of the my flash disk folder, went into folder, select all, copy, then bakc into head unit folder, paste.

help

There are several folders in ther like APL etc along with gps and lpu files. Should i be copying files and folders or just files

You don't have enough space on your AVIC internal flash disk, less than 1.8 GB.

So like everybody else, you have to decide which maps you can afford to delete, such as Hawaii, Alaska, Canada if you are living in the USA etc.

assuming I would just delete the files I do not need or want in this folder?

F:\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\CONTENT\MAP

pretty sure that is it as I have scanned the entire folder and do not see them in other locations. Will try again later tonight. thanks for the help.

was getting the black screen of death after installing 3.1 but finally fixed it. i was copying ENTIRE "my flash disk" folder, folder and all. After retrying and redoing instructions about 10 times and before my wife found out,the light bulb in my brain went off, i need to copy entire contents INSIDE folder but not folder itself. So for all you people getting black screen of death try this,when in windows CE open up your SD card and then OPEN "my flash disk" folder and select everything inside it and copy, then paste it on to your Flash disk from F unit. i was opening SD card and right clicking on "my flash disk" folder and copying it then pasting. Maybe im the only dummy who knows but hope it helps somebody. Booted right up after i did this

I also got mine working last night. After I took out the west coast/hawaii/alaska etc that I did not need all went well. The only thing that was different was I had to remove the SD before restarting. That makes perfect sense.

thanks to all that helped me out and to the creator for putting this together. I didnt try to put in anything at 40mph but I did ride around neighborhood trying which originally I could not do

thanks again

was getting the black screen of death after installing 3.1 but finally fixed it. i was copying ENTIRE "my flash disk" folder, folder and all. After retrying and redoing instructions about 10 times and before my wife found out,the light bulb in my brain went off, i need to copy entire contents INSIDE folder but not folder itself. So for all you people getting black screen of death try this,when in windows CE open up your SD card and then OPEN "my flash disk" folder and select everything inside it and copy, then paste it on to your Flash disk from F unit. i was opening SD card and right clicking on "my flash disk" folder and copying it then pasting. Maybe im the only dummy who knows but hope it helps somebody. Booted right up after i did this

No you are not the only one, I remember that I explain that so many time in various posts and threads. You know it just make sense: you don't want to have My Flash Disk inside My Flash Disk. Right?

:mrgreen: