AVIC411.com

FX3.1 Complete Firmware Image

Sorry to say to everyone having issues, but I did this the first, second, and third time with NO issues. I literally followed the instructions EXACTLY as they were listed. The first time was even WHILE I was driving. The only reason I did it more than once is because I didn't realize I could go back into test mode to add the modifications I found under other topics. So I modified and reflashed....twice. Now I know better

Either way, its easy. As they say, RTFM!

/rant

On a side note, I agree with whoever said something about the 2 windows on the bottom left. The original image that I had on the HU had 3. This 3.1 from Retell only gives 2 =/. Other than that, I have no complaints!

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the latest and greatest. You will not see a 4.0 upgrade to the F series as it is discontinued and has reached it's end of life for Pioneer.   You will love the 3.1 upgrade.

Posted Images

The Video warning is the one that springs to mind immediately. As mentioned before, the AV section of the F series isn't open, like the NAV functions, so with this being a dying community as far as F series mods, without new blood coming into it or Pioneer opening it further, this is likely never going to be removed..

Secret ingredient here? (i think). Don't do this stuff on a Mac. I believe that the Mac file format, even the MS-Dos Fat32 variant that you can do from Disk Copy is just different enough that it corrupts small parts of the files being copied onto it. So the install works but there are sub system problems due to key files being slightly corrupted. The result is a system that sort of, kind of works sometimes.

Once I went to a PC, formatted the 2gb Flash disk (long format), followed the steps, it worked like a charm. Very, very happy with the Avic. The only thing I haven't figured out is how to transfer my phonebook from my Blackberry 9630 Tour but I can live without that for now.

Ok so this looks very good. I currently own a F900BT and have a few questions about the software before I attempt to use it. At the moment I am running 3.0 and noticed that the unit requires a windows ce firmware update to make this work, much the same as 2.0 to 3.0. Is there any way to revert back to the older firmware incase i decide I want to stick with the original software?

Also are maps from 3.0 compatible with 3.1? I have comprehensive australian maps (better than the stock iGo) for 3.0 and am not really sure where I would find these for the 3.1 update and lastly what is out there in the way of mods? Im pretty happy with the functionality of my F900 through better boot times and nav software and don't really want togo backwards by updating to 3.1

Guest x5james
The Video warning is the one that springs to mind immediately. As mentioned before, the AV section of the F series isn't open, like the NAV functions, so with this being a dying community as far as F series mods, without new blood coming into it or Pioneer opening it further, this is likely never going to be removed..

Oh well, at least it's one less screen hit I've got to make now.

has anybody found a solution to ipods not being recognized? I just performed this mod, and its great, but I would love for my ipod to actually be recognized when i start the car. didnt have any problems with 2.06. ive been searching around for days, and cant find any solutions. im open to ideas or even willing to buy another ipod if it would work.