AVIC411.com

FX3.1 Complete Firmware Image

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the latest and greatest. You will not see a 4.0 upgrade to the F series as it is discontinued and has reached it's end of life for Pioneer.   You will love the 3.1 upgrade.

Posted Images

hey.....i am getting a message on the bottom after i go to wince upgrade that says "cant find WINCEIMG.CKS file!".....what can i do to fix that so i can fully instal this?

just wanted to say thank you to all the great right ups on this site....after a while of looking everything up i got the 3.1 installed and it looks great....wasnt nearly as hard as i thought it would be....just gotta sit back and read read read and you get all the answers you need for getting it installed and ready to go...once again thanks and excited to have this installed now...WOOT

Hello guys so I went to install the update in my car and I get up to point 5 where it says to reset the unit. So I press the reset button and I get no test mode in fact my unit stays off. Anyone know what I am doing wrong? Or is there another way to reset it? Btw I was trying this on the F900BT

YES!! After a software AND a hardware mod it works! Thanks for the very detailed instructions hieppo! And to whoever seeded, and of course OP.

Thought I might add, to go to the blue screen on the F500BT v 1.00, you hold reset and power WHILE THE AVIC IS OFF.

Just went for a celebratory drivce at 11PM. Love it!

OK after some digging around in all these threads with weird headings, I was able to find the service combination for F500BT unit.

I found it in this thread. http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=27581&start=60#p206891.

MAP, MAP, MENU, ENTER (Press down on the joystick), MENU then ENTER.

Here is the other helpful item from that thread. You can only use the RESET button in this service menu.

So to move from option to option, you press RESET quickly one by one. To select, you hold down RESET for 1/2 second or so.

When it ask for you to reset, hold both RESET and POWER for a few seconds until it reset.

I was able to flash the new WinCE and copy over the My Flash Disk from OP. Everything seems to be working so far.

Good luck.

Update!!

Now that I had a chance to fully tested, there is no guidance voice on the F500BT like the two previous F500BT users posted on this thread. I noticed something was weird when the sound volume is really low.

I guess the hacked EZRIDER in this rar file is not fully compatible with F500BT. Guess back to the drawing board.

SUCCESS!! WOWEEEE!! Everything is a success! I found the issue and fix the audio issue.

Please following this instruction for the F500BT model. I was very successful.

You need only a single SD card, at least 2GB in size. Copy the entire contents of the RAR file except for the WINCEIMG.BIN and WINCEIMG.CKS to the root of SD card. For the two WINCE*.* files, I had to use the one I download from this link. http://www.rapidshare.ru/1206567

The one that came with the FX3.1 would not allow me to boot after I flash WinCE>

You will need to go to the folder APL2iGo and delete the current sys.txt and rename sys_749UC.txt to sys.txt.

You can delete the other sys_*****.txt files and any maps that you may not use. You may need to do this because the F500BT may not the capacity for all the new maps.

1. Insert SD card (minimum 2GB) with testmode into AVIC and turn it on.

2. Backup My Flash Disk by copying

3. When the pioneer logo comes up, press and hold the power and reset buttons at the same time until the blue service screen comes up then release power and reset buttons. (you should see Press reset again to reset but don't press reset yet)

4. Press in this order MAP, MAP, MENU, ENTER (down on joystick), MENU then ENTER. (each button press will show an asterisk at the bottom center of the screen). If the correct combination is pressed, then a menu with options pops up.

5. Select Wince Upgrade with Format (SD)

6. At the bottom center will first display the status of reading in the file. It then will clear the message and will show the status of writing the file. Then it will do a quick test. Wait until it says restart in the bottom center. Reset the unit and leave the SD card in (remember to reset you have to press and hold both power and reset buttons.)

7. You should be greeted with testmode (It will look very similar to normal windows). Open Explorer and copy the contents of the "My Flash Drive" Folder from the SD card to the "My Flash Drive" that is located on the unit. Overwrite everything. (It will the copying will take 140min but will only take about 20)

8. On the desktop should be an icon to RESTART the unit. Double click on that to restart, make sure you take out the SD card so normal boot process happens.

8. Select your language and voice options.

9. Enjoy FX3.1 :)

A special bonus, I was able to download the latest 2010 maps from here http://gpsunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?2688-iGo-8.0-and-8.3-Navteq-And-Teleatlas-Map-Download-Index.-All-here./page25 into the F500BT without any issue. You will need to delete the older maps and just copy the MAPS, POI and BUILDINGS to the respected folder under /APL2/iGO/CONTENT

Really GOOD Luck now and enjoy to those able to succeed.

thank you retell and an even bigger thank you to hieppo :wub:

I got this working on my F500 (thanks OP!) with a a WinCE image specific to my model, the only quirks so far are:

- no voice guidance like others have experienced - anybody find a solution?

- in 3D map mode, the street names only appear when smart zoom kicks on (while moving slowly).

Other than that it appears to work very well overall. BTW, apparently GOOG411 will be disco on Nov 12th :(

http://www.google.com/goog411/

Anybody get GoogleMaps running on their unit?

i dont have issues with voice guidance but i do have problems with TTS. Also i have the same problem in 3D, did you by chance happen to find a solution?

I've been seeding at an average of 200 kB/s upload for the past 24 hours. I have about 5 GB uploaded, can everyone that is downloading please seed the file in order to make it better/faster for others. We're a community and right now I'm the only person seeding it.

The problem is that all of the trackers in TPB's torrent are dead. With the trackers in my post above I see 36 peers, and download speeds of ~300kB/s, which is pretty decent :)

I would just like to thank retell for his work on the software download. I was trying to isnstall a x710 in a 08 NIs frontier and after trying the hardware mod that did not work (I took the unit out 5 times and went over every wiring connection, changed the plugs, sent back the first unit and got another one. the only conclusion I could make was the metra wiring adaptor had some hinky connection or the 2010 x710 has some software lock out for the mute wire/brake wire grounding.

So in desperation I tried the software hack and after two attempts it works great. One of the best features is the elimination of the nags.

I have this same model in my G35 coupe and I did the hardware mod on it and it works fine except for the nags which are annoying and it now seems slower to boot than the frontiers system so I think I will upgrade it as well.

So thanks alot to everyone who contributes to this site, you saved my a**

Alright, so I've read this entire thread two full times and skimeed several more. I've searched all forums only to see a couple people ask nearly the identical question and not get any response. So I figured the only thing left for me to do is ask myself.

I just did the firmware copy, instructions walked me through flawlessly. Boot up time was incredible, reaction time and functionality fantastic. Even the random time where the back button takes you to the phone settings isn't a big deal because it rarely happens and if you hit back again most of the time it takes you to the main menu anyway.

Unfortunately I have discovered that my microphone is not inputting to my F700BT anymore. I confirmed this by trying to use the TTS control screen to change sources, songs anything and it fails everytime. During phone calls I can hear the other person perfectly fine, but they cannot hear me. However when I disconnect the call the other person does here some "open circuit static" for a moment before the call ends.

Initially I figured I was just a moron and did not reconnect the microphone when I had the HU out the last time. Sure enough, there was the wire dangling over the internal dash frame behind my HU. I plugged it in and still no dice. I disconnected the microphone and plugged it into a mic input on my computer. Using Windows Sound Recorder I was able to hear myself crystal clearly, so the microphone is functioning perfectly.

I've checked every setting I can see on both my HU and my phone but no luck. Does anyone know of any issue with the update or coincidental but unrelated issue with the HU that could cause this?

I have even gone so far as to check my phone for updates and I have updated the bluetooth software on the avic hoping for resolution. Pretty frustrating as I initially bought the 700 for two reasons, in-dash navigation and bluetooth for my phone.