AVIC411.com

FX3.1 Complete Firmware Image

So does anybody else get any of the following bugs:

(after every startup)

- Map always defaults to 3D without showing street names

- Doesn't keep contacts, favorites, or home address in memory

- Doesn't keep illumi setting in memory

Do I need to re-install? Empty a WinCE folder? Install a different GUI?

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the latest and greatest. You will not see a 4.0 upgrade to the F series as it is discontinued and has reached it's end of life for Pioneer.   You will love the 3.1 upgrade.

Posted Images

So, after 6 months of use I lost my GPS signal today. After a couple of hours or trying figure out if a wire broke or the GPS antenna was dead, I just, on a hunch, decided to re-installed the 3.1FX and GPS started working.

I ordered the free upgrade 2.xx SD card from Pioneer, just in case I ever have to go back to the old software. Anyone know how to revert back to 2.xx? Is it the same procedure where you copy over the contents of the flash drive over onto the onboard drive and reset?

Thanks.

So, after 6 months of use I lost my GPS signal today. After a couple of hours or trying figure out if a wire broke or the GPS antenna was dead, I just, on a hunch, decided to re-installed the 3.1FX and GPS started working.

I ordered the free upgrade 2.xx SD card from Pioneer, just in case I ever have to go back to the old software. Anyone know how to revert back to 2.xx? Is it the same procedure where you copy over the contents of the flash drive over onto the onboard drive and reset?

Thanks.

Funny this is the exact thing that happened to me yesterday. I held the reset button down and the unit went into frenzy and do the infinite reboot loop.

I'll probably be doing the reload of 3.1fx tonight and see if that helps. Should've sold the unit when it was working at 100%.

Anyone wanna buy mine?

So does anybody else get any of the following bugs:

(after every startup)

- Map always defaults to 3D without showing street names

- Doesn't keep contacts, favorites, or home address in memory

- Doesn't keep illumi setting in memory

Do I need to re-install? Empty a WinCE folder? Install a different GUI?

The 3D mode won't have street names

As far as the memory not storing, I had the same problem and the problem went away on its own about 2-3 days after. Can't tell you why it didn't work at first, but the problem went away.

The 3D mode won't have street names

As far as the memory not storing, I had the same problem and the problem went away on its own about 2-3 days after. Can't tell you why it didn't work at first, but the problem went away.

Thanks spaceman, at least now I know I wasn't the only one, though it's been about 2 weeks and still not keeping memory.

Now I'm curious if doing some folder cleanup might do it...need to find out what folder though...

Question: do you think if I update the maps to the 2010 it will show the street names again? Or maybe changing to a Daftia or Abb MOD will do it?

hey guys, need a little bit of help, I have been searching the forums for some help and haven't quite found it on my own.

Upfront I know everyone says this is "so easy" and "did you try the search feature" and yes I have.

So I followed the instructions from a print out, a few times. At first I didn't realize but the files were too big so I deleted the maps and POI's that I definitely will not need. Now everything seems to go through fine. After the files are transferred over I reset the the unit, and finally after a few tries I can get to the Pioneer screen, which is better than where I was first, with no splash and then turn off.

I attempted to download the firmware from Pioneer and boot up that way, but that was prior to getting a pioneer screen.

At this point I have only been able to Select Language and Voice options and then it hangs up at the pioneer screen. I did wait up to 15-20min to see if this was a loading process, but it appears to be stuck.... can anyone advise what to do?

hey guys, need a little bit of help, I have been searching the forums for some help and haven't quite found it on my own.

Upfront I know everyone says this is "so easy" and "did you try the search feature" and yes I have.

So I followed the instructions from a print out, a few times. At first I didn't realize but the files were too big so I deleted the maps and POI's that I definitely will not need. Now everything seems to go through fine. After the files are transferred over I reset the the unit, and finally after a few tries I can get to the Pioneer screen, which is better than where I was first, with no splash and then turn off.

I attempted to download the firmware from Pioneer and boot up that way, but that was prior to getting a pioneer screen.

At this point I have only been able to Select Language and Voice options and then it hangs up at the pioneer screen. I did wait up to 15-20min to see if this was a loading process, but it appears to be stuck.... can anyone advise what to do?

No one has had this?

I read that my SD card might not be compatible so I've tried two different ones now PNY and Sandisk, both get the same results.... im considering getting one listed on the WIKI site just to try that avenue but it seems like it wouldnt make a big difference since all the files are copying, unless for some reason they are getting corrupted during the transfer....

Either way i still get the Pioneer startup screen, lets me select voice/language, then pioneer screen again, after about 3-5min it looks like it reboots, and same thing...

I've tried deleting the gps bin files as it states on WIKI but no success

HI GUYS I HAVE AN AVIC F700BT I DOWNLOADED THE FILES AND FOLLOWED THE STEPS FROM THE POST.

EVERYTHING WAS OK UNTILL I RESETED THE UNIT AND THE SPLASH COMES ON 2 MINUTES LATER THE SCREEN AND THE ILUMMIN LIGHTS

TURN OFF AND NOTHING HAPPENS THE UNIT IS ON BECAUSE I CAN HEAR THE FAN ON BUT THATS IT.

ANY SOLUTIONS? BY THE WAY THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS POST IVE TRIED FIXING MY AVIC UNIT FOR ALMOST A YEAR SINCE PIONEER WONT

FIX IT UNLESS I PAY $200 DOLLARS

No one has had this?

I read that my SD card might not be compatible so I've tried two different ones now PNY and Sandisk, both get the same results.... im considering getting one listed on the WIKI site just to try that avenue but it seems like it wouldnt make a big difference since all the files are copying, unless for some reason they are getting corrupted during the transfer....

Either way i still get the Pioneer startup screen, lets me select voice/language, then pioneer screen again, after about 3-5min it looks like it reboots, and same thing...

I've tried deleting the gps bin files as it states on WIKI but no success

Now i've tried using a different SD card and also grabbed the 2.08 files off of my friends f90bt and still no success....

still no one has an answer?

I see a few ppl have had this issue but they fixed it by trying again (which ive done several times)

I dont understand this... every few months I come back to trying to update my f900... and everytime I come on the forum I'm a few weeks late for the file being up on a torrents... on a website as a file... I'M SO FRUSTRATED! Pioneer really f'd us up by not giving the update for free... this radio is garbage with the 2.0 updates... I don't understand why they didn't remedy the issue with the update for free... CROOKS...

I dont understand this... every few months I come back to trying to update my f900... and everytime I come on the forum I'm a few weeks late for the file being up on a torrents... on a website as a file... I'M SO FRUSTRATED! Pioneer really f'd us up by not giving the update for free... this radio is garbage with the 2.0 updates... I don't understand why they didn't remedy the issue with the update for free... CROOKS...

That is why we have this forum! :mrgreen: