AVIC411.com

FX3.1 Complete Firmware Image

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the latest and greatest. You will not see a 4.0 upgrade to the F series as it is discontinued and has reached it's end of life for Pioneer.   You will love the 3.1 upgrade.

Posted Images

Thankyou, Downloading at 620+k, ounce I have it I will seed it for as long as I can!

Check this out, Finsihed downloading from the link above and was about to add it to my download manager and noticed the one on my utorrent is NOW downloading @ 90K LOL!

If someone can find me the EU maps through either torrent or other source, I'll be more than happy to host them through my webhost...

The EU maps firmware's link is below;

Dear All,

This is my first post but it's going to be VERY IMPORTANT for those, like me, that had a bricked F900BT. My AVIC, after a couple of months working very well, stopped working: Starting up and a few seconds shutting down permanently...

I've spent hours reading here at AVIC411 and in other sites, getting more and more confused. I've got an backup image here ( without maps ) and my device worked and rebooted every 3 minutes...

The following procedure was partially got from an italian forum ( pioneernavgate.blogfree.net )but again, besides the italian language ( even with the aid of a online tranlator ), it was a little bit messy. The way i got my AVIC working was a lot more simple :

HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED:

- Testmode v 2.3 ( you can find it here at AVIC411 )

- a first 2Gb SD card ( formmated in FAT 32 )

- a second 2 Gb SD Card ( formmated in FAT 32 )

- Download this: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3YBUDX0P and after downloading it rename it to "avic f900_700_500 ver_3.000300.rar"

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CAK7C9HA and after downloading it rename it to "avic f900_700_500 ver_3.000301.rar"

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RAGYEFBX and after downloading it rename it to "avic f900_700_500 ver_3.000302.rar"

( IMPORTANT: disregard what the downloaded files say: part1, 2...just do what i've written above )

- Extract the 3 to a single folder.

- This folder will say " My Flash Disk". Copy this folder to the first SD Card.

- Copy "testmode" folder into the first SD card as well.

- Insert SD Card to the F900BT SD Slot and then turn the car key on. The "testmode" will allow you to access Windows CE of your device. With this you can start exploring it.

- At Windows you should go to "Start" - > "Settings" - > "Control Panel" -> " Storage Settings ". Here you' ll see the disk structure of your device. You should Dismount "DSK1" and then click on "NEW" and name it "My Flash Disk". With this procedure, your previous " My Flash Disk" is clean ( I've done this because before that i couldn't erase all the files in it ).

- Copy all files inside first SD Card's folder "My Flash Disk" to your device "My Flash Disk". This will take a while ( 15 or more minutes ) so, probably, your car engine should be running.

- After all files are successfully copied, remove SD Card from your device SD slot and shut your car engine.

At this moment, your device still doesn't work.

- Download Pioneer's new firmware for this model here hXXp://213.244.172.244/files/support/avic_apl_upgrade/AVIC-F700900/09%20model/AVIC_F700BT_F900BT_CNSD100FM_VER_3020200.zip and extract it to your second SD Card.

- With the car key turned off, insert this second SD to your device SD Slot.

- Turn the key on ( this will take 10 or more minutes ), probably starting the engine and keep it running.

- The device will be updated automatically. DON'T TURN THE CAR KEY !!! Let the Update proceed itself to the end. This will look sometimes that is stalled but let it run. The F900BT will reboot itself and, after a minute or so, IT'S READY !!!!

:!:

THIS WORKED WITH MINE :D ! I DON'T TAKE ANY RESPONSABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MIGHT OCCUR IN YOURS ! :|

ENJOY!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Im a noob to this so bare with me please...

A few weeks ago, my Avic x910bt got stuck in a reboot loop with the message saying "Fatal Error"

From my researchon this site, Im thinking i just need to reinstall the firmware?

PS: does having 3.1 mean that I will have the newest maps, and other apps?

Thank you

Make sure you are doing step 6 correctly! What did you do exactly for step 6?

Did you get an out-of-space message from Windows at the end?

Can you post the contents (folders list) inside "My Device->My Flash Disk" of the unit after copying?

Can you verify the space of the "My Flash Disk" on the SD versus on your AVIC?

Hi there, just tried this and i got an out of space message at the end, followed by the exact same problem as shaver... any idea?

• 3 weeks later...

Secondly, it says thatthe TA 2009.6 map upgrade is included with this package but what about the 2010.6 maps as shown here?> http://avic411.com/i...-north-america/

Can anyone direct me as to how to upgrade the maps to the 2010 maps posted in the above link? I'd like to ad them to this file before I do the upgrade but I'm not sure how to do it. Any help would be really appreciated.

I have discovered that my microphone is not inputting to my F700BT anymore. I confirmed this by trying to use the TTS control screen to change sources, songs anything and it fails everytime. During phone calls I can hear the other person perfectly fine, but they cannot hear me. However when I disconnect the call the other person does here some "open circuit static" for a moment before the call ends.

I disconnected the microphone and plugged it into a mic input on my computer. Using Windows Sound Recorder I was able to hear myself crystal clearly, so the microphone is functioning perfectly.

I've checked every setting I can see on both my HU and my phone but no luck. Does anyone know of any issue with the update or coincidental but unrelated issue with the HU that could cause this?

I just downloaded FX3.1 from a different source thinking maybe it was just a bad copy eventhough it transferred correctly, no luck. I have even gone so far as to check my phone for updates and I have updated the bluetooth software on the avic hoping for resolution. Pretty frustrating as I initially bought the 700 for two reasons, in-dash navigation and bluetooth for my phone.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, and thanks very much Retell !!

I was able to download the torrent from tpb, if someone needs seeds, just tell, i'll do it.

I was also able to find EU maps via a great link i found on this topic, but had to choose when installing on the Avic (I have a F900BT) because of disk space issues.

Setup on the avic went very fine, the tutorial is IMPECCABLE !! :)

There are just two things which annoys me :

- I don't have the TMC anymore, i mean when i enter the navigation menu an then "traffic", i always get a "No traffic events available". And that was working very well when i was in ver. 2.xxxxxxx. Is this normal ?

- The second one is not that serious but was useful before, it seems that in the 8.3 version of iGo, there's no more speed display on the left in the little frame with dark background. Just above the time left in a route.

Can anyone help me on this ? The one really urgent is TMC / Traffic info, I go on a trip on tomorrow night and in my country it's a long weekend because of National Day, if i can get rid of the traffic jams i'd be very happy ;)

Thanks a lot and excuse me for my English, i'm from France lol

Tib