AVIC411.com

FX3.1 Complete Firmware Image

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the latest and greatest. You will not see a 4.0 upgrade to the F series as it is discontinued and has reached it's end of life for Pioneer.   You will love the 3.1 upgrade.

Posted Images

thanks for this... did it today on my f700bt and it works great.. once in a while it will forget my illumination and screen brightness settings, but whatever

only thing though is the VR absolutely SUCKS now lol The unit doesnt really respond well to me now whereas before it was usually all right.... "Play the playlist xxxxx" Artists, change audio source to......, etc , and all that is useless now

however, I know it is not an issue with recognizing my microphone, because when i request to dial a number numerically, or by name, that works fine, and people on the line can hear me fine.

Id rather miss out on those features and have all the added things though... My main issue with 2.0 was the speed and responsiveness... didnt want to spend $120 just to fix that so all in all im happy... and I LOVE the speed/ red light cam mods along with the POI icons

i know theres a 2011 update coming very soon for Europe... Should there be one for the U.S., and I decide to go with that one, what will I need to do? Will I be able to update it normally, or will I have to mess around with testmode again if I buy the true updates?

my guess is that I will have to restore to 2.0008, and then do it the traditional way .... am i right?

• 2 weeks later...

HELP!!!!

I'm trying to update my X910BT with the FX3.1.rar files. I've used StuffIt Expander to convert the rar file to the folder compatible for the SD card. When I start the update and follow the steps I get to the up, up, down, menu, left, right sequence and then I select Wince upgrade and that all works fine. The next step is to select Update SD Format. That is when my deck says "Can't find Wince.img.cks" which I'm assuming is the file for "Update SD Format" step?

I tried 5 times and it kept saying that when I got to that step and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong! Anybody know what I can do to complete the update?

• 4 weeks later...

Good Evening

I'm the owner of an AVIC f700BT currently using version 3.1 and my unit keeps rebooting after a clean install any advice on what I can do to get my F700 up and running again?

-Dave

UPDATE: I just made another attempt at a re-install of the FX3.1 image and got this error from the AV file

Exception: 0xC0000005

Address: 028056F4

Hi all, first post in the forum, meant to share my experience and thank everyone that helped out.

I have a AVIC F900BT, had version 2.009 since I had updated from pionner just a while back (original maps)

Did as written in the first post and everything worked out great. (I just backed up all my orifinal files first, just in case...)

I even replaced all US and Canadian maps with European ones (found them on isohunt, 2011 Q1. http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/309004901/igo+2011?tab=summary

Just had to erase a few countries due to limited space.

Anyways, just wanted everyone to know it worked, and i´m thrilled :D

Hello everyone. This is an open message to those of you PMing me over the years with questions. I am pleased as punch that this is still used years later. I do need to say though, that I don't have any means of supporting FX3.1, so there isn't a reason to message me we with questions. I no longer own an AVIC or even a car. I do like receiving the thank yous though :) How is the status on the torrent? Does it need a reseed? If so I would be more than happy to include the newest maps. :P

I can confirm that the 2011 maps work with the FX3.1 image. Maps are in this thread http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/32294-updated-2011-maps/. Due to expanded size of the new map and POI files (about 300MB too large) you will need to make some choices before upgrading. I pared the maps down to the lower-48 plus about 1/2 the POI's to squeeze it onto my F700.