AVIC411.com

FX3.1 Complete Firmware Image

Maybe I can save some of you out there some time and frustration. If you are running "WEBROOT" (anti virus/anti malware) or possibly some other av/am programs, make sure to disable them BEFORE extracting the files! You see, it will flag the copytool.exe as malware or a virus, and delete the file and associations. (you also can't add it later, as the association with the other copytool file is erased.)

Not sure of it has been brought up somewhere in the 50 pages, but maybe an OP can put this furniture in the initial post. It will most certainly help those running webroot!

Thanks again for the help! Hopefully this will fix my sudden and constant reboot nightmare! Fingers crossed!

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the latest and greatest. You will not see a 4.0 upgrade to the F series as it is discontinued and has reached it's end of life for Pioneer.   You will love the 3.1 upgrade.

Posted Images

As a thank you to all the work that has gone into this, I wanted to offer to "host" the mod files on one of my websites. If you have a complete mod file (like the FX3.1) PM me, and I will be glad to host. Torrents drive me CRAZY, as I am sure it does for others too!

I will host for at least one month, then provided the bandwidth does not go crazy, I will host them longer.

For those who have hosted, how much bandwidth did it use?

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

How do I remove the "bypass option". I've installed everything onto my F90bt a while ago.

(my son now drives the car on occasion and I don't want him to activate the video while driving)

Can I just delete that file when in windows explorer on the headunit? Which files do I remove?

-thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks,

first of all I want to apologize that I bother you with the same questions again.

I'm from germany and I think my school-english (many years ago) is sometimes not

sufficient enough to get through that technical stuff here :-(

My current problem is, that my device started to boot continuous (each 3 or 5 minutes)

and navigation became impossible. I was looking through lots of discussions about that

(thanks to google) and finally I found this thread. On page 45 there is a description

how to fix the problem.

Meanwhile (after spending the whole night with reading) I believe that I can solve my

problem and renew my firmware/maps in one, by upgrading to FX3.1.

This is the initial situation:

I bought 2 years ago a used car where the AVIC F900BT was already installed.

The previous owner had neither a manual for me (I downloaded one from the pioneer site)

nor any kind of registration card, serial number or anything like that.

That made it difficult for me to contact official service employee when I had problems

with the device.

I have the map-version 02.000600 (euro-maps) and firmware 3.021000 (CN2D-100FM?)

What have I done already?

- I read through the instructions from page 1 (thanks to Retell).

- I downloaded the "FX3.1.rar" file that was mentioned at page 45 (thanks to RADRaze2KX).

- I extracted it into a folder on my notebook.

But here starts my questions. Please be patient and help a non native-speaker to

understand, what to do to upgrade a AVIC F900BT to FX3.1.

1. I'm from germany, so I need european maps. I tried some links from that thread but

I found only US maps or dead links (gpsunderground). What eu-maps work with the FX3.1

update and after what should I look for (iGo 8.0, iGo 8.3 or earlier versions, TomTom,

Navtec)? I'm totally confused.

The original maps (as on my device) wont work with FX3.1?!

2. When I finally find some suitable maps, I think I have to replace the US maps with

them at the folder "my flash disc" from the downloaded file. Right?

3. It was already mentioned in the thread, but not answered. Are there any problems after

the update on FX3.1 with european (german) radio frequencies?

I think of the range and the increment when scaning for radio stations.

Hope you know what I mean?

4. How does the graphical interface look? Do I need a new operating manual?

Are all functions still there?

- Bluetooth

- DVD

- SpeedCam Warnings (do my actual POI for speedcams work after the update)

- German Voices

Thanks to all for reading up to here. Hope my english was understandable. I had a lot

of help from "leo.org" by translating everything :-)

Greetings

Winthrop

I've installed this and my euro f900bt just says caution image may be reversed?

This likely means that it thinks you have a backup camera and that the car's reverse gear is selected. I haven't been on this forum in about a year, so I've forgotten all of the details. Since you don't have a camera connected, you get effectively a blank screen with the warning that the view is reversed (since it would be from a rear-facing camera's perspective). As I recall, the headunit has a wire that would normally be attached to the backup lights circuit in the car. That signal is what it uses to decide that you are in reverse. There may also be some sort of menu option to enable/disable that feature. Can you get to the menus when it's in this screen?

• 4 weeks later...

I've installed this and my euro f900bt just says caution image may be reversed?

Not likely it is because he has a backup camera or it thinks he does. Go into camera settings and if you dont have one turn it to off. I have a backup camera and mine says this all the time. I wish we could take this out as it hogs up my screen and is more of a destraction then anything.

I registered just to say thanks for this package... I have an X710BT and it worked perfectly.

One thing I'll mention - I'm a bit retarded so couldn't understand why my unit kept booting into Windows CE even after I copied the files that I was supposed to. The reason was that I left the SD card in the unit. I didn't realize that it was self-booting into Windows using the SD card. So after you copy the files over, just remove the SD card, and reset the unit.

• 2 weeks later...