AVIC411.com

FX3.1 Complete Firmware Image

I have a problem,

I was doing the update in my avic700bt and i think i did everything like i was supost to do it but after i hit the reset buttom for 5's my unis goes to the pioneer scremm for about 20's and then every thing goes black..... I dont know what to do next. I have read and done some of the sugestion on the forum but nothing seam to be working....

Pleace help

Many people have encountered this problem ... Make sure to copy all the files and folders inside the "My Flash Disk" of your SD drive to the inside of the "My Flash Disk" of your AVIC, in TestMode.

Good lucks.

is there a way to go back to the other files. I will check any way.

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the latest and greatest. You will not see a 4.0 upgrade to the F series as it is discontinued and has reached it's end of life for Pioneer.   You will love the 3.1 upgrade.

Posted Images

I was wondering if someone could help me with something. I'm encountering a problem with this update.

I have performed all steps, I copied all the files from the SD card to the "My flash disk" on the F90BT. I did all this, after it all transfered, I then held the reset button for 5 seconds and then released. The radio would reboot, the pioneer logo shows up, and then it would bring me back to WINCE menu with the SD card in. Without the SD card in the machine, after the pioneer logo during bootup it goes black.

Does anyone know where I'm going wrong? Right now my radio is just hunk of junk taking up space in my dash.

Thanks in advance.

Ok i had the same problem your having but i just got mine working..

So in the instructions it says copy contents of the "My Flash Drive" folder from SD card to the "My Flash Drive"

So what i was doing and it did not work, it was doing the same thing that is happing to you. I was copying the whole SD card into the My flash Drive. What you goto do is there should be another folder inside your SD card that says My Flash or something like that. Open that up copy all that to the Head units My Flash Drive.

Let me know if it works for you..

Thanks for that, it immediately fixed the problem, everything works much better, except the voice recognition is still crap. I would say call so and so, it would always default to calling AAA. Can't have it all.

OK got a question:

Trying to fix a F900BT for a friend

I searched and didnt find this problem

This was a brand new unit, then it got really slow and the touch screen stopped working, we would get sound and hard buttons would work.

Then Even booting using testmode was really slow and un usable

I was able to after many tries delete eveything install an old update to get the unit to function and then after many hours successfully install the 3.1 image following the instructions,

All was good! works great, fast, new maps, etc

NOW oddly enough in the same time frame it originally started acting up , again it is totally locked up very slow, and even testmode with in windows CE is very slow again and doesnt respond

We unplugged everything from the unit except the power harness, now we are trying to get the unit to start responding again by formatting CE and installing various updates to just get into CE and be able to format and copy a new Flash Drive folder

What could be causing this issue though?

I was able to fix my problem with the black scream after the 5's reset. I don't know if this is going to work for someone ealse but this is what i have done. whe i did the update for the fierst time i was using winzip for some reson that i do not understand the file side was coming up to be 1.83GB , wish me not knowing I when to my avic f700BT and started to do my update everthing was going to plan but when i did the 5's reset everything when wrong. so i gat Winrar application and unzip my file and the 1.82GB wish it seems that the ror was smaller but i disated to give it a go. and for some reson that i cant explane my 700bt started working with the new file. I don't know wath can be wrong with winzip but i think that for some reson is corroptin some files and it making the rar not to work. I hope that this helps someone. if any one have a question fell free to ask..

AVIC F 700BT

I just put this on my x910bt :)

So far so good.. I'll have to play with it more when I get a chance...

Does anyone have a problem with x710bt? My units had the latest SW and MAP, but had a rebooting problem lately. Hence, I tried update WINCE as well as other mods, but not able to bring the unit up after complete the update procedure here.

I followed all the instruction, format, and copied all contents to "My Flash Disk" wihtout an issue, but my unit shows an error message as below after reset;

"Fatal Application Error"

Application AV has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. If the problem persists, contact the program vendor.

Program: AV

Exception: 0xC0000005

Address: 02BD56F4

Can someone help me what to do?

Just to let you know (and I don't condone this, but I was in a hurry), the tutorial was so easy I did it while I was driving. I had to stop because I jacked something up on my dash on my way to work. So I had my SD card with me and the instructions because I figured I would do it at lunch. I literally stopped, fixed what I needed to fix, and popped the sd card in before starting the car. The rest was done while on the road.

I've added the mute button and the cancel route buttons from the other mods I have been reading about. The ONLY mod I have not been able to add or find for that matter, is the WilliamG shortcut mod. I like his shortcuts above everyone elses (no offense). I'm trying to track it down, but if anyone could post the code, and or instructions on how to add it, I would greatly appreciate it.

Seriously Retell, good job. Keep up the good work! I see that over in the Complete 3.0 install guide you said you were also adding the Trip computer, but I guess it didn't come through?

I followed the instructions that you have for this install, but when I get to step 5 and reset, nothing happens. My unit just comes back up with the splash screen; I can get to the "top menu" but then nothing responds. I hit "settings" and go to system info and it shows version 2.06 and for map version, it says "no maps loaded" When I try to get into testmode (with another sd card that has the testmode files), it gives me a 'windows-like' screen that looks like it's copying something then the system goes blank. I don't have a clue what to do next. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I just put this on my x910bt :)

So far so good.. I'll have to play with it more when I get a chance...

Does anyone have a problem with x710bt? My units had the latest SW and MAP, but had a rebooting problem lately. Hence, I tried update WINCE as well as other mods, but not able to bring the unit up after complete the update procedure here.

I followed all the instruction, format, and copied all contents to "My Flash Disk" wihtout an issue, but my unit shows an error message as below after reset;

"Fatal Application Error"

Application AV has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. If the problem persists, contact the program vendor.

Program: AV

Exception: 0xC0000005

Address: 02BD56F4

Can someone help me what to do?

This problem fixed after copy over the entire content to the "My Flash Disk".