FX3.1 Complete Firmware Image

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the latest and greatest. You will not see a 4.0 upgrade to the F series as it is discontinued and has reached it's end of life for Pioneer.   You will love the 3.1 upgrade.

Posted Images

The stylus refuses to click on the edges of the screen in testmode. So I can't click on the start menu or the top of the window icons!

any way to make the resolution less to increase icon/taskbar size?

Until I figured out how to work the dos looking file manager to copy the files I was going nuts without more control.

Runs great! some much more snappier than official release

• 1 month later...

I think I got it figured out. When I went to press format it would read anywhere from 30-60 percent depending on how many times I tried so it never even tried to start formatting, got into windows CE, deleted all the files, showed not enough room to copy new files, showed hidden files, still saying not enough room. Then I opened up the Total commander icon or whatever its called on the CE desktop, had the left pane showing the files on the SD card and the right pane showing the files on the radio. Removed all the files on the radio and highlighted all the files on the SD card that needed to be copied, then dragged all of those to the left pane and clicked move. It did its think until it started to transfer the XM image files (.bmp) and gave an unable to move error with an OK button to press, had to press that OK button a million times since theres a bunch of images, then it did it again with the last few files in the root of the my image folder from the new FW...once you press ok enough to let it bew done copying press and hold the reset button and it worked :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

** update **

i figured out the problem with the language, i was using a mac to unzip the file, i read somewhere that need to use a windows to do it, luckily i have windows on my mac using parrellels and worked like a charm. been at this all day and finally finished (12 midnight) and took it for a quick test drive.

response is way faster, everything works perfect and looks like more added options. for this unit being so old, works perfect for my little get around truck i bought. so hopefully if anything reads this, use windows, i was able to download the file searching thepiratebay, looks like original topic starter is still uploading, i will seed as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi.

I´m Angel, I´m from Spain and I have an AVIC F700BT with troubles.

Some days ago I updated it and now it gives me a message (the machine is starting up, please wait- more o less) and in 4 or 5 minutes, it reboots.

I need the FX3.1 to fix the problem. but all links I found are broken. Can someone help me?

I have seen on ebay an ítem that says fix the problem, but I don´t know if it works or not. (I can´t paste the link, I don´t know why.)

Thank you very much and I apologize for my English.

So I'm definitely not a computer expert but I downloaded the file and put it on my SD Card. Follow the steps and punch in the up,up,down,menu,left,right. It gives me an option 0=wince Upgrade so i select that. Then it has options 0=wince by SD/MMC (format) or 1=wince by SD/MMC. I've tried both and when I select them a red message pops up on bottom and says (Can't find WINCEIMG.CKS file!) Any key to continue. PLEASE HELP!

• 2 weeks later...