AVIC411.com

FX3.1 Complete Firmware Image

Thanks guys, It doesn't have EU or Mexico maps because there wasn't enough space.

You can download this though, and replace the maps. It should work:

<!-- m -->http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4556833 ... _Lang_Only<!-- m -->

Could somebody explain where to put the date from this download (which I have) on to the SD card with the 3.1 image on.?

Do I just copy everything to the root? (sorry for sounding thick, I`m just new at this)

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the latest and greatest. You will not see a 4.0 upgrade to the F series as it is discontinued and has reached it's end of life for Pioneer.   You will love the 3.1 upgrade.

Posted Images

Could somebody explain where to put the date from this download (which I have) on to the SD card with the 3.1 image on.?

Do I just copy everything to the root? (sorry for sounding thick, I`m just new at this)

First off thanks to OP for posting this thread.

I just completed the install on my fb900bt today, took about 1 hour.

Basically everything is broken down to 3 parts.

1) download the rar file from the torrent host

2) Extract files to SD card

3) copy from SD card to Avic by going into test mode

Just format your SD card then copy everything from the rar file that you downloaded onto the SD card then follow OP's step by step instruction (it'll help to print out the instructions so you have it with you when you do the install), should work like a charm. It worked for me!

Alright...I read through the whole post, downloaded the torrent, and I'm ready to go. One question I have, how do I backup my current setup in case this doesn't work? Do I just use the test mode files on an extra memory card, go in and backup my current "My Flash Disk" folder, then restart the process using a different memory card loaded with the updated files? I searched the forum, but couldn't find a good post explaining how to back up everything. I just want to make sure I can get back to where I am now, in case something goes wrong. I'd rather not brick my head unit..lol

Thanks!

Nik

Alright...I read through the whole post, downloaded the torrent, and I'm ready to go. One question I have, how do I backup my current setup in case this doesn't work? Do I just use the test mode files on an extra memory card, go in and backup my current "My Flash Disk" folder, then restart the process using a different memory card loaded with the updated files? I searched the forum, but couldn't find a good post explaining how to back up everything. I just want to make sure I can get back to where I am now, in case something goes wrong. I'd rather not brick my head unit..lol

Thanks!

Nik

Yes Nik, you do exactly what you just said.

The only thing I`m not sure about is this. When upgrading to 3.1, you update the windowsCE install too.. So whether your OLD files will work with the new windowsCE I cant say, i`m sure somebody on here will know the answer though.

For F500BT users:

If you don't need the 2009 maps from 3.1 package, there is no point to use this package, as you can get the office 3.02.02 for F500BT from pioneer directly:

http://www.pioneer.fr/files/support/avic_apl_upgrade/AVIC_F500/09%20Model/AVIC_F500BT_CNSD150FM_VER_3020200.zip

To install the official upgrade, just extract the zip file to the root of an empty SD Card, insert into your F500 and do a hard reboot. Upgrade will be done automatically.

Of cause, you will need to load the hacked ezrider afterwards in order to use not-pioneer-provided igo maps.

Good luck,

Yeek

So, managed to figure it out. not sure how it happened just sorta got caught playing with old version of wince and new version of wince.

Next thing i knew it was working.

Any one have questions let me know.

Could def use some help here, going nuts!!...having similar issue, was in a reboot loop, followed steps in this post, and now blank screen after splash is displayed. Any help would be appreciated!

Hey brother, thank you for creating this, however I do have a question. I thought everything was working great, but the first time I pressed the "HISTORY" button, it crashed with an error that it could not load a certain file in some folder. Next thing that happened is I tried to map a route and it crashed again and said it couldn't load another file, something about the exit numbers. Any ideas?

Hey brother, thank you for creating this, however I do have a question. I thought everything was working great, but the first time I pressed the "HISTORY" button, it crashed with an error that it could not load a certain file in some folder. Next thing that happened is I tried to map a route and it crashed again and said it couldn't load another file, something about the exit numbers. Any ideas?

To fix the error message try deleting your user data. Your user data is in “My Flash Disk\User\UserData". Delete the entire 'IGO' folder

I have a wierd problem with an F900bt also..

OK I have done the update..formated load in the new 3.1 update

and after a little while..the unit becomes really slow and un usable..

The only thing maybe?...is after I do the wince format update, before I copy the new image over I delete what ever is left or still in the "my flash drive" folder...

Other than that I am just copying the entire image over...turn it on, all is fine all functions work, but then it gets really slow

Please help...!

Thanks in advance

For F500BT users:

If you don't need the 2009 maps from 3.1 package, there is no point to use this package, as you can get the office 3.02.02 for F500BT from pioneer directly:

http://www.pioneer.fr/files/support/avic_apl_upgrade/AVIC_F500/09%20Model/AVIC_F500BT_CNSD150FM_VER_3020200.zip

To install the official upgrade, just extract the zip file to the root of an empty SD Card, insert into your F500 and do a hard reboot. Upgrade will be done automatically.

Of cause, you will need to load the hacked ezrider afterwards in order to use not-pioneer-provided igo maps.

Good luck,

Yeek

Even better, guess perhaps I don't need seeders after all. I see the update is from Pioneer Europe, can it be used in North America? Thanks!