AVIC411.com

FX3.1 Complete Firmware Image

I have a wierd problem with an F900bt also..

OK I have done the update..formated load in the new 3.1 update

and after a little while..the unit becomes really slow and un usable..

The only thing maybe?...is after I do the wince format update, before I copy the new image over I delete what ever is left or still in the "my flash drive" folder...

Other than that I am just copying the entire image over...turn it on, all is fine all functions work, but then it gets really slow

Please help...!

Thanks in advance

Dont just copy and paste the files over, try this...found on another post and fixed my black screen issue where simply copy and pasting didnt work:

11. Go to start, control panel, Storage.

Due to the difficulty of the next few steps, I would take the few extra seconds required to calibrate your screen. When I was doing my reflash, I got to a point where I needed to select something that was not selectable because the screen was so far out of calibration. Trust me here, do this step. Press Start,settings,control panel and then look for the stylus icon. Double click the stylus icon and click on the calibration tab and follow the simple calibation instructions. You will thank yourself for doing this step. Once this is complete, it is now time to clear the internal flash memory to get it ready to accept the new files. While still in the control panel double click on the Storage Manager icon.

12. Unmount FlashDisk, and press FORMAT.

Once the storage manager box is open, you will have a dropdown box with 3 or 4 selectable options to choose from. You want to make sure that this source is selected: dsk1: sdmlc disk and the partion on the right will read like this: part00

Press the button that says Dismount and then press the button that says Format. This will erase the internal flash memory and you will lose the partition. No problem. In the bottom right hand corner of the screen, there is a small icon for the virtual keyboard. Click on this, and a window will pop up that says keyboard. click on the keyboard font and it will launch the virtual keyboard. Now, in the right hand column of the storage manager, click the button that says New and you will create a new partition that will prompt you for a name. Touch your stylus in the name field and then type in part00 and press the OK button. You will now see that you re-created the original partition and it is already mounted. If you chose not to recalibrate your screen as suggested earlier, you can now begin to start swearing as the keyboard will most likely not be selectable.

13. Once formatted, create a new partition and call it part0. Mount it back up.

Just skip this step as you already completed it in the step above.

14. Copy ALL files from USB drive backup to FlashDisk This should take about 40 min or so

This is the step that had me tearing my hair out until I figured it out. You can now close the control panel and anything else that is open so that you go back to the desktop. Double-click on the My Device icon. Here you will see a few icons that represent your different storage devices. You are now going to copy the files from either your SD card or USB drive depending on which storage medium you chose in step 1. If you are using a USB device, make sure it is plugged in. If you chose to use an SD card, make sure you insert it into the headunit. As I chose to use a USB drive, my instruction will detail this step, although the exact same thing applies to the SD card.

Double click on the USB disk icon. This will show you all the files that you stored on the USB drive back in step 1. Click on the Edit tab at the top of the screen and then press Select all. Press on the Edit tab agian and then press Copy. Now, double-click on the My Flash Disk icon and it will open the folder that you formatted earlier. There may be a couple of very small files in this folder, but they will be over-written very soon. Click on the Edit tab and then press Paste. This will dump all the files from the USB drive into this folder. You may get prompted about " do you want to over-write some files". The answer is "Yes to all". It will now take about 45 minuted to download the files into the internal flash card. Once this is complete, follow the final step and you should be set. After rebooting/resetting, you will have to plug your Ipod in and reset all your personal preferences.

PS. If you chose to use an SD card to transfer the files, instead of double-clicking on the USB disk icon, double click on the Storage card and follow the same instructions.

15. Take out any SD cards from the unit and reboot.

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the latest and greatest. You will not see a 4.0 upgrade to the F series as it is discontinued and has reached it's end of life for Pioneer.   You will love the 3.1 upgrade.

Posted Images

Thank you for the reply

I actually did try that also..

Everything copys fine...radio powers up...then after a little while the buttons are very slow to respond until it is useless.

This unit is very wierd, when I leave it unplugged with no power for an extended amount of time I am able to use it normally again without it freezing,

Now I have tried to do it again....files are copying

So I'll see what happens

Thanks

OK, the file I found on the net was FX3.1.ZIP not the rar file posted here. It had a bunch of files in root directory and so if I wanted to copy the extracted folder to my SD card it would copy but if I just extracted the files to the SD card it would be unable to do that after some 250-280 files. I guess that file from some unknown location was corrupted or somehow not right and I'm afraid of bricking my avic.

Requesting for someone to make it available on torrent. I promise I will be quick (or as quick as you can upload it.) Pretty please?

So downloaded all the files and everything went well. Except that when i attempt to update the wince files on the bluse screen it gets between 25-50 % reading and the black screens and i have to reset to get the machines back up and running. I am currently running version 3.00300. I did copy over all the other files and that along with the rest of the guide went off without a hitch. Any input would be appreciated........

Thanks Retel.. Installed 3.1 on F900bt and it works better than factory. Faster, more options, etc etc.. you should get paid by pioneer to do this...

Im having one problem though but i had this issue before i did the 3.1 firmware. When my unit starts and pioneer log comes up, unit cuts out and then restarts and stays on ... just curious what you would think this is or anyone think???

i used your copy of "my flash disk" to install on my system, however im not too fond of the set-up, especially in 3d mode, it doesnt show street names until they are like 50yards away, which is too close...for that i will just look at the street signs..do you by chance have an un-modded version of 3.1? all the links i have found on this site are broken..

Well, this saved my F700bt. I lost all use of it the other day. It was completly stock version with 2.06 I beleive. I have never played in test mode or aythign like that at all. It suddenly went to the flash screen then the black screen. Pioneer told me $200 for them to service, and it ws suggested that I try this out. After a few long nights of learning how to use torrents, and WinRar, and figuring out that my F700 doesn't like 8 gig cards, or my computer doesn't in Windows, and changing to another card, I was able to get a working unit again. Thanks to all that contributed to this thread.

Some other file must be corrupt in this 900bt..

I can updgrade WINCE by format, put testmode onto card

Boot unit into testmode

The problem is: when I try and navigate or use the wince it is very very slow and doesnt respond

I have tried every version of WINCE that I found

That is where I am stuck at

Has anyone seen this...I believe this is the whole problem with this unit, becuase even once I am somehow able to copy the image after a little while it gets very slow and unusable also

Ok so I have a f900bt that crashed a week ago I didn't have anything saved and couldn't find any back up files so I decided to put this. Into my system to see if it would bring it back to life but after downloading it twice and instaling it twice it let's me select the language and nav voice it restarts but stays on the pioneer screen and keeps rebooting.. what might be the problemhas anyone ecountered this

I got this working on my F500 (thanks OP!) with a a WinCE image specific to my model, the only quirks so far are:

- no voice guidance like others have experienced - anybody find a solution?

- in 3D map mode, the street names only appear when smart zoom kicks on (while moving slowly).

Other than that it appears to work very well overall. BTW, apparently GOOG411 will be disco on Nov 12th :(

http://www.google.com/goog411/

Anybody get GoogleMaps running on their unit?

I got this working on my F500 (thanks OP!) with a a WinCE image specific to my model, the only quirks so far are:

- no voice guidance like others have experienced - anybody find a solution?

- in 3D map mode, the street names only appear when smart zoom kicks on (while moving slowly).

Other than that it appears to work very well overall. BTW, apparently GOOG411 will be disco on Nov 12th :(

http://www.google.com/goog411/

Anybody get GoogleMaps running on their unit?

Great, GOOG-411 is history, MSN is gone in a year, and Pandora is not available in Canada :( Pioneer really knows how to pick the apps :(

I installed this update last night. It went very smoothly and easy. However, I have three issues with it that I did not have prior to this version. I love how quick it is and no more nags.

Rear View Camera not working.

As someone else in the thread mentioned, I have the same problem where when I shift to reverse or turn camers on manually from A/V Source screen. I get the "Caution ....." messeage showing up but no video regardless of what screen is showing up. I have noticed today though that if I am in reverse when I start the vehicle it will come on at first and then changes to the splash screen.

Contacts

With the previous version, I had two phones paired up to the stereo, one for work and one for personal and had separate address books loaded for each phone and it worked great. Now however I can't seem to get the address book to load for either phone. I have even deleted the address books and the phones and tried from scratch by first pairing and then transferring the address book but still does not work.

USB

In the A/V source screen the USB source is no longer working. I have a 32gig Solid state drive in the glove compartment and it worked great, however now it does not. When I am in Test Mode, I can see the drive and all contents there but it will not work to play audio or video. I am not sure if anyone else uses anything like this or has any experiences but after reading through all 32 pages in this thread I have seen no mention of anything like this.

Anybody have any thoughts on these issues, I have already tried redoing the install from scratch again but no difference.