AVIC411.com

FX3.1 Complete Firmware Image

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the latest and greatest. You will not see a 4.0 upgrade to the F series as it is discontinued and has reached it's end of life for Pioneer.   You will love the 3.1 upgrade.

Posted Images

ok so im looking for a little help I am USAF stationed in Germany and im having a hell of a time converting over to EU maps for my the AVIC F 900bt I know this thread is for the complete fx3.1 but bear with me I've canned many parts from this DL and im seeding it aswell. anyway my problem is as follows... after deleting contents of the MAP POI and BUILDING folders on my HU (made backups of everything first) and replacing them with maps,poi, and building from an IGO8 torrent (filenames look like this Germany8_2008.01_080215.fbl) I just cant seem to get it all to work right. Im using the ezrider from this fx3.1 and the generic licence file, and even replaced the basemap.fbl that i deleted when clearing my map file the first time, all from this post shouldent it all be working properly? im getting the looping problem i start the truck everything boots fine untile system startup in progress screen, about 8 seconds later... bam! lets do it all over again! should i maybe try doing this fx3.1 install completely insted of just canning parts from it... would the new maps automatically work with a simple cut and past after this fx3.1 upgrade? maybe someone out there can tell me what im doing wrong or where my modding abilities went screwy. (ok quick outline because i know i jump around alot when explaining things deleted all contents of MAP POI BUILDING> replaced stock ez rider with this one> added generic licence from this post> added basemap file from this post to MAP folder on HU > added all the new maps, poi, and building from IGO torrent= a very frustrated airman)

ok so i figured out all my woes YAYA!!! I just went ahead and did the full fx3 upgrade per instructions (had a bit of a hang up after step 4 got stuck at the blue screen *you should emphasize the need to format the SD card to FAT32)then deleted enough US maps to make room for germany maps and poi and buildings... all is well so far. next step is to remove the rest of the US maps (keeping a backup on my PC of course) and replace them with current European maps. ill keep seeding this FX3 for all im normally on around lunchtime for you USA residents but ill leave my laptop on for the weekend and into next week for you so get it while you can electricity is expensive and internet is slow over here HAHA laters.

hi, im downloading the fx3.1 right now, but my unit already has 3.020100 and some 2.0xxxx version of the maps.

is it ok to install the update to get the maps and the other hacks even if i already have the updated firmware.

also is there an easy way to save what i have already so i dont loose it if the firmware update fails?

thanks for your help.

Heck while I'm on the subject of windows ce. I might try to figure a way to dual boot this thing. I notice that when the flash drive is in while I turn on the unit it goes into wimped ce. I'm guessing the fash drive has a file like a boot disk on it?

Maybe I could keep a sdhc card for my windows ce booting and load programs on it. I figure the internal memory is somewhat limited. I would love to fine a windows ce media player that will play flac audio. Maybe I could even find a way to teather my iPhone via Bluetooth to windows ce and pickup internet with a windows ce browser. I think there are a lot of options here.

Has anyone actually tried any of these things. I checked out control panel on there it had some stuff but I didn't mess with it

First and foremost, I'd like to thank the OP for the contribution. Greatest "mod" ever.

Today's the first day I'm running the new firmware. I have a couple issues with the update. After reading 35+ pages of this thread, I see many also encounters these.

1. Illumination color can't be set and it returns to "random" every time I start car.

2. Screen brightness can't be set and always return to "10" every time I start the car.

3. Voice is always English-Jason after I restart the car.

4. No street names in 3-D mode unless it's zoomed in.

Anyone with solutions to these problems? Quite minor, but just wondering.

Thanks!

I used this because my f700bt kept shuting of after the splash screen. But the first time i installed it it didn't work. So I tried again, and again and ... well you get the picture.

So I finally deleted the all the contents of the "my flash drive" on the unit then started over...Works Great!

Thanks, Retell. You're awesome!

First and foremost, I'd like to thank the OP for the contribution. Greatest "mod" ever.

Today's the first day I'm running the new firmware. I have a couple issues with the update. After reading 35+ pages of this thread, I see many also encounters these.

1. Illumination color can't be set and it returns to "random" every time I start car.

2. Screen brightness can't be set and always return to "10" every time I start the car.

Thanks!

I just installed on my F700bt and have been able to change illum. color and brightness. Saves my changes even after restart. I assume (you know how dangerous that can be) i can change voice and street names as well. I did delete everything in my "my flash drive" on the unit though. Don't know if that matters, but it worked for me.

Thanks!

hmm so far mine has kept the settings. are you sure your main power wire stays on when you turn the ign off?

I've been using FX for the last two months on my 700BT, everything you mentioned also is working fine on mine. I only have to reset the illumination, etc; if I hit the reset button.

The on thing I wish I could figure out though.... the mute/attenuate option for the navi voiceover is always greyed out and stuck on MUTE. I really want it to only lower the music volume for TTS, not mute it totally. Anyone have ideas on that?