FX3.1 Complete Firmware Image

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the latest and greatest. You will not see a 4.0 upgrade to the F series as it is discontinued and has reached it's end of life for Pioneer.   You will love the 3.1 upgrade.

Posted Images

I was able to capture and overwrite the FX3.1 and it really works great.  My F90BT went into the loop in 2012, and then again yesterday, but I was able to reload it again and it worked.  My question is: I have a a factory CNSD-300FM SD that I bought from Pioneer, but I hesitate to load it, because I don't want to lose my cool mods.  Can I just overwrite the APL2...IGO...content files with copies of the newer maps?  I want to keep everything as it is, except I want the newer maps, I don't care about losing the old POIs.  The thing I'm curious about is that the file extensions look different between the 2009 maps, and the newer ones on the CNSD 300.  Thanks for any guidance.  

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I completed this mod about a week ago but i am having issues with it and i would like to go back to the original pioneer image does anyone know how to do this. my problems are this. i cant get into test mode anymore at all. my buttons to change the music does not work the function button only works when it wants to and i tried to do a complete fresh install with the original 3.1 files but it tells me it cant find the wince file. i really like the added functions of this mod but i guess at this point i just want to go back to my original set up is there a way to do this can anyone please help me out.

i have a f900bt 

i am about to go on a 2000 mile drive one way and drive back 8 weeks later so i would really love to get this issue resolved before hand.

thank you in advance if anyone can help.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Eventually I was able to find a couple of link sources to the FX3.1. However, spent massive time reading up on all the pages.
Avic-f700bt owner here btw, At the step where I reach the blue screen and input the service code, I select update wince, update from SD card but the screen goes black after a few seconds, it just wont stay on that blue screen long..... Not sure what Im doing wrong.
I still went ahead and tried deleting contents from Flash drive, copied all the contents from the FX3.1 flash drive folder onto it, Its caught in a splash screen booting loop. I even tried to revert to the 2.008 firmware from pioneer but it still wont boot up...... I am currently trying to update FX3.1 from a different source into the head unit. Hope this works.

• 2 months later...

Any luck with this?

Eventually I was able to find a couple of link sources to the FX3.1. However, spent massive time reading up on all the pages.

Avic-f700bt owner here btw, At the step where I reach the blue screen and input the service code, I select update wince, update from SD card but the screen goes black after a few seconds, it just wont stay on that blue screen long..... Not sure what Im doing wrong.

I still went ahead and tried deleting contents from Flash drive, copied all the contents from the FX3.1 flash drive folder onto it, Its caught in a splash screen booting loop. I even tried to revert to the 2.008 firmware from pioneer but it still wont boot up...... I am currently trying to update FX3.1 from a different source into the head unit. Hope this works.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Holly Shit... Thanks Retell,

I thought I my F700BT was done. I bricked it when my battery died a few months ago. Tried to take it in to an audio shop but they were closed so I looked online and read post after post trying to find something. Then I downloaded this and at first it didn't work but found a post that said you have to unzip in Windows and not a mac so thats what I did and bang it worked. You saved my road trip major as I don't know what I would have done with no music. 

Regards,

Carla