AVIC411.com

hardware or software bypass questions and help

What is easier, which works better. do they function the same? which one is most people doing. im leaning towards the hardware mod, but im not entirely clear on which wires i need to ground and where to ground too. although the moving of the mute wire looks easy enough. if anyone can inform with pictures maybe, i have searched also, and havent found anything that has really answered my question fully. also if i do the software mod, by using diaftias hybrid mod, does that require doing any of the hardware mods before it works. like do i still have to move the mute wire, and do i still have to ground it, or can i just hook everything up stock, and the hybrid mod will still do all the bypass. my unit gets here on wednesday, and i just want to make sure i dont waste any time installing it. although my connects2 harness wont be here til next week some time.

When I was waiting for my unit, I had the same concern as well. It indeed is much easier than one can expect once you have all the hardware you need.

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17013

Just follow it and you'll have your unit hardware bypassed. Trust me, its easier than you expect. However, I would suggest you ground the wire to your "ground" wire instead of the "metal part of the car body" so it'll have a common ground.

see but when i look at that thread, it doesnt give any info on what wires to ground and where to ground them. i know its explained everywhere on this forum, but no one has good pictures of where to ground. that thread just shows the pin move. what should i use to ground the 2 wires? T-Tap, or just cut open the shielding and strip the two wires and wrap around and tape, what is the best method. im sure once i get the stuff, i will figure out which is the ground wire, and which are the two that i need to ground. but any dummy explanation would be great, and any input on tools ill need to install would be great. especiall the best way to ground the wires.

There are several ways you can do to connect two wires. For speaker wires, I solder them and heat sink. To connect the mute to ground, I uses this wire clips. You can find about 3 of them comes with the unit as well. Just show that to electronic store and they'll get you a bunch. You can use butt connectors or caps too.

post-24559-12872762429439_thumb.jpg