AVIC411.com

Has anyone got their CD-IB100II to charge a newer Ipod?

I have a Z1 and IB100II but it will not charge my ipod. I've gotten 2 different adapters to change the firewire charge over to usb but neither work. I've tried the scouche and the griffin. Any suggestions? If you're familiar with the problem you know it doesn't matter but for those curious, I have a 4th gen nano.

ive heard (read) that you need the 5 volt adaptor to charge the newer ipod s and u csan type in your serial number on the ipod site to find out what volt yours is and then u can see if or what u need to charge your ipod. funny cause i was just lookin at the adaptor not really knowing if it will work but it says it does for 5 and 12 volt ipods and touchs from ebay so u will need the ib1001 plus the adaptor that looks like the same tip charger that plugs into the other tip small thing let me know if this helps im needing to buy the same thing here soon

There is a manufacture (forget the name) that sells a Ipod Firewire to USB charge converter with a 5pin miniUSB connector on the side that is marketed to "fix" issues with pioneer. My set up as my ipod cable in my glove box which is where I want it. Personally, it would be pointless to have my set up in my glove then run a 12v miniUSB charger from the 12v over the passenger seat into the glove box.

I am wondering if I could just replace my set up with the newer Pioneer CD-I200

I would personally use cablejive. They have awesome products and I personally am using the usb charge converter.

Unfortunately aside from upgrading my Z1, the cablejive +usb charge converter is the only way to go.

• 3 months later...

I have an Iphone 3GS and the only way to get it to charge was by finding a kensington 4-in-1 adaptor for the ipod/iphone. It is true that you need 5 volts as apple decided to change the whole format of the charging system in favor of this cheaper design. I managed to find one in the UK on ebay a while back; this has since been discontinued and is hard to find. Aside from all of that, you are better off just charging your iphone with a regular cable and using the 3.5mm stereo jack to the pioneers aux input. The pioneer interface is so slow and clumsy.

hope that helps.

Will

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...