AVIC411.com

New X920BT Owner - TTS, Text to speach for red light cameras

1. Does anybody know if the X920BT can announce upcoming points of interest, not just put an icon on the screen. An example would be red light cameras. 2. How do change the icon for a user created point of interest? 3. Also can it announce destination is on the - right or left? I believe the last one is only available on the units that can be modded.

There is no POI alert feature on any Pioneer Navi systems so the answer is no. And the unit does support TTS. Turn it on in the settings. Icons for custom POI have to be don't with the AVIC FEEDS PC app but it doesn't support the 920 yet. It will announce which side of the street your destination is on.

I don't see a reference to TTS in the users manual and I don't have my X920BT yet. It sounds like it only speaks street names while on a highway, or at least that's what I read elsewhere. Seems weird and pretty lame. Anyone have any firsthand feedback on this?