AVIC411.com

I have been seeing a lot of comments on this lately so I figured Id address it here before we see anymore threads on this. With Z110/120BT and the X920BT there is an issue with VR commands if you don't hit the map OK button immediately after boot and before BT connects. The map OK button must be touched before BT connects as soon as it appears on the screen or VR commands will fail or be very inconsistent. The best way to make sure you do this every time is to make sure you leave off on the map screen when you exit your vehicle. When you return and start your vehicle, the OK button will be the first screen you see. If you do not do this, VR will fail and you will have to restart your unit and hit the OK button in order to get VR to work properly.

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty sure only Pioneer knows that answer, not any one here.

Based on their track record I'd have to agree with VBlue42 although you'd think they'd gotten it by now, I mean, it's a pretty obvious bug, and it's been almost a year.

• 5 weeks later...
....there is an issue with VR commands if you don't hit the map OK button immediately after boot or after BT connects. The map OK button must be touched before BT connects....

So which is it...hit it AFTER BT connects or BEFORE BT connects??? You state BOTH at the same time in your post....

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did the 2.0003 (or is it 2.003) update fix this issue?

It did not fix the issue because apparently Pioneer did this on purpose. but the 2.003 update did make it less of a problem because they made it so the unit tells you that you need to press the OK button before you can use VR.

It did not fix the issue because apparently Pioneer did this on purpose. but the 2.003 update did make it less of a problem because they made it so the unit tells you that you need to press the OK button before you can use VR.

Wait a second. I'm confused.

Are you saying the "fix" was simply them changing the warning message to warn users ABOUT the problem????

I thought they actually FIXED the problem....what's going on here? Am I misinterpreting your post???

If someone's phone connects before they press OK, even with the updated wording of the message, will the problem still occur?? That can't be right...if you're correct, it sounds like there WAS NO fix...they just changed the warning message for legal, cover-their-ass purposes...

I guess I'll go read all the posts about the update now...this seems weird.

They didn't fix it with the 920 and the 920 and 110/120 run the same navi software. So no, there not going to fix it and they claim its by design and that it is not a bug.

By the way, I never got around to mentioning this, but wasn't Pioneer's claim that this was by design sort of counter-intuitive??

I mean...if people didn't press "OK" to acknowledge the warning about driving while using this thing, Pioneer rewarded them by making VR work WORSE...thereby guaranteeing that they'd have to fiddle with the unit MORE while driving???

LOL...."by design" my ass.

Well get use to Pioneer not making any sense. Any way heres how it use to work. Before 2.003 the VR software would load within 15-20 seconds of the unit booting. If it did so before the map OK button was pressed, the VR would crash when trying to use it. Now, the VR will not load at all until that map OK button is pressed. So it is an improvement in that if you try to use VR before hitting the map OK button, you don't have to pull over and restart your car to try and get to the map OK button before the VR loads again. Now you get a simple message that you need to press the map OK button when you press the VR button if you didn't do so prior. Its still a pain in the butt but it is an improvement.

Well get use to Pioneer not making any sense. Any way heres how it use to work. Before 2.003 the VR software would load within 15-20 seconds of the unit booting. If it did so before the map OK button was pressed, the VR would crash when trying to use it. Now, the VR will not load at all until that map OK button is pressed. So it is an improvement in that if you try to use VR before hitting the map OK button, you don't have to pull over and restart your car to try and get to the map OK button before the VR loads again. Now you get a simple message that you need to press the map OK button when you press the VR button if you didn't do so prior. Its still a pain in the butt but it is an improvement.

Ah...okay, thanks for clearing that up.

Yes, that's an improvement. Of course, the better alternative would've been to use a multi-threaded, Unix-based system so that the two processes could run independently, but hey...at least they addressed it.

I think if people hadn't complained about this bug, they wouldn't have even gone this far in helping us. Squeaky wheel.

Ah...okay, thanks for clearing that up.

Yes, that's an improvement. Of course, the better alternative would've been to use a multi-threaded, Unix-based system so that the two processes could run independently, but hey...at least they addressed it.

I think if people hadn't complained about this bug, they wouldn't have even gone this far in helping us. Squeaky wheel.

WinCE is perfectly multithreaded.