AVIC411.com

I'd rather they got rid of the "OK" thing altogether but at least they fixed the VR issue. Mine works much better now.

Matt

U.S. law requires the prompt.

I was going to respond with: U.S. law requires the prompt for navigation, but it does not require the user agree to the prompt before using voice commands"....

Then occureed to me that Pioneer has to do this because if the user enters an address via VR without first viewing the prompt and hitting "OK", they are essentially circumventing the prompt and its purpose. They need to make sure you agree to the disclaimer before you enter a destination of any kind, whether it be by voice or by manual entry.

At least thats my reasoning for it. Some of you may have already realized this but I thought i'd share it in case others are wondering about it.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather they got rid of the "OK" thing altogether but at least they fixed the VR issue. Mine works much better now.

Matt

U.S. law requires the prompt.

I was going to respond with: U.S. law requires the prompt for navigation, but it does not require the user agree to the prompt before using voice commands"....

Then occureed to me that Pioneer has to do this because if the user enters an address via VR without first viewing the prompt and hitting "OK", they are essentially circumventing the prompt and its purpose. They need to make sure you agree to the disclaimer before you enter a destination of any kind, whether it be by voice or by manual entry.

At least thats my reasoning for it. Some of you may have already realized this but I thought i'd share it in case others are wondering about it.

Trust me newman, I'm a La-Z-Boy lawyer, I know what I'm talking about. :mrgreen:

If your getting a 120 you will have the most up to date. But it is always recommended to use a clean SD card for any updates.

You have to remember that the unit was likely purchased weeks ago and has been out of Pioneer's hands for a while. It has probably been on a distributor's shelf and then the retailer's shelf for at least a couple of weeks and will likely NOT have this new update on it since it was just released. There is a chance it will but I don't think its probable.

If it turns out that you do need to do the update, use a clean SD card.

If your getting a 120 you will have the most up to date. But it is always recommended to use a clean SD card for any updates.

You have to remember that the unit was likely purchased weeks ago and has been out of Pioneer's hands for a while. It has probably been on a distributor's shelf and then the retailer's shelf for at least a couple of weeks and will likely NOT have this new update on it since it was just released. There is a chance it will but I don't think its probable.

If it turns out that you do need to do the update, use a clean SD card.

yea that was my thinking also. guess i'll pick up a new sd today. thanks

Just remember that update actually does very little and does not add or really address any bug issues. I apparently does re-work the way VR loads on startup which makes a little more sense then the way it worked previously.

At least, it does fix the VR failure that happens if your phone connects prior to hitting the OK button....

Do I think it was well engineered, not by the slightest...

But it does fix it, so that you don't have to power cycle the HU(ie turning the car off/on)....

It's a ridiculously retarded design without a doubt.... You have to hit Mode to get to the Nav screen, just to hit the OK button...just so that you can have VR....<--- which is maybe worse than texting and driving

It's almost counter-productive.... and possibly more dangerous....<--- I figure it's a dumbshit listening to dumbshits that come up with dumbshit rules that are entirely dumb as shit.... kind of deal...

• 1 month later...

It is my personal opinion that VR issues are mainly due to a poor BT mic circuit,

If others on the other end hear noise, clearly any VR software will have to deal with the same thing.

This may not be for you if you are used to a 'factory' VR, or a factory BT sound (for calls). Calls are also very poor.

• 2 months later...