AVIC411.com

How do I get the aux turned on in my Avic-D3?

Hey guys, I've had my D3 since it was brand new and it works flawlessly and has ZERO problems or issues, it's still looks and works like new.

I tried to insert an audio aux cable that is 3.5 male to 3.5 male. I installed one end in my iPhone 3G and the other end I put into the front aux port of the D3.

I went ahead and picked a song on the phone and nothing played out of the cars speakers. I had the D3 screen on the audio screen, not the navi screen, I had the radio off and everything else too but the buttons were still there and I was able to push them if I wanted to but I wanted the aux, not the radio or something else. I couldn't find a button for the aux, front or back, nothing is there in terms of a button I can push to hear the phones music playing.

So how do you get the front aux to start working then? I don't get it! :?:

The front input is not aux input. It's actually VIDEO2 input, so select that and you should get audio signal from the source that plugged in to the front. If you are using iphone or ipod, it's much more convennience if you buy a ipod adapter cable. You can control everything on the touchscreen and even get video from your ipod. Good luck. 8)